Friday, November 22, 2019

Rude Awakening

About 4:30 this morning something fell near my head, waking me up; it was the curtain & rod for the window on the north wall. It missed me by about a foot; if I had been sleeping on the other bed it would have hit me. It had been very windy all night so it was not unexpected. But it did interrupt my sleep; if it had been an hour later it would have been more convenient!

During my drive up I saw Ona & Rio heading up Lurline and Paul & Bodhi headed down. Later during my walk I saw Ona & Rio on the circle. The wind persisted through my walk; I was surprised at the number of people that I saw in spite of the wind. As I headed down Sierra I caught up with Loy, he has a bandage on his leg, which is not good but at least it did not land him in the hospital again; he went to the bus stop to wait for his ride home. I saw Lynnette & June by the park, then later as the went down Lurline; which was basically the same places that I also saw LaVie. As I was nearing the top of Lurline I saw Ken in the distance with Toto & Chico. As I got closer Tina came around the bend with Massimo, Ink, and Chloe Bacon; Ink came running up to me! Then he sat in front of me in order to get pet; I won't reach out to him unless he is sitting quietly & waiting. A little further on I caught up with Laure and Champ & Molly; I also saw them during my cool down stretches. As I was leaving I saw LaVie walking up Lurline.
Twenty minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Nine minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Ten minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
It was windy! The lower fronds on this coconut tree usually hang down.

There was a firetruck and an ambulance in the parking lot when I arrived. I don't know why or who but they were not there when I returned from my sunrise walk. 


Because its Friday, it's my day off. From sitting with Dad; I still have a lot of things to do around the house! Today I focused on reorganizing the study in preparation for the window replacement. Like my bedroom, the study has 2 walls with windows on them; so it also needs more things moved around in the room.
East wall before.
East wall during; things still need to be moved away from the wall.
South wall before.
South wall after; there is now a 2 foot wide space behind the TV.

My ultimate goal with the study is to reorganize it also in preparation for the bunk beds that Jenny is getting rid of. This room previously had one twin bed in the corner; I intend to put the bunk bed there so that 2 visitors can use this room in the future.

The curtain was down again when I returned from my sunrise walk. I had considered leaving the curtain down, but those windows are on the street side of the room. I put it back up; so far it has stayed up. I guess I was too sleepy to put it up properly when I put it up earlier.


During my mid-morning walk I saw Dr. Lothar & Wilts at Wilts' house; they were by the new work. Wilts is having a retaining wall put in below the house; the work at the road was to get the trackhoe down the slope to the back of the house.Later, as I was coming up Lurline, I found a freshly squashed male Jackson's Chameleon. I know it was freshly squashed since I did not see it on my sunrise walks and it was still very moist. Since they are nocturnal I was surprised to see that it had been out in the early morning; may be it got confused by the cloudy, wet day.



I continued working on reorganizing the study. The Potential Most Favorite Roommate helped me move the desk that the television is on before he left for work. I had the Roomba cleaning the floors while I reorganized; in that very tiny floor space I had to empty it 3 times! That desk has apparently not been moved in a long time!
The red means the dust bin needs to be emptied.

During my afternoon walk, I met up with Suzette again; I decided to do laps around the circle with her. We saw Vince relaxing in the evening sun, we walked by him twice. We also saw Suzette's friend Claudia and her dog Kona; Claudia is helping Suzette find a new Labrador puppy. On our final lap we saw Rodney out in the yard playing with Koa & Kuma.


I stopped at Kokua Market for their special dinner. And found that they changed their menu! There used to be several options that I could ask for the starch to be replaced by vegetables to make it lower in carbs. Now there is nothing except salad that could fit the bill. I had a Bacon BBQ Burger tonight. Lots of carbs, 35 g. Fortunately, before dinner I had 37 g left in my carb allotment for the day.
I did not check if a ciabatta bun has more or less carbs than a regular bun.

No comments:

Post a Comment