Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Liliha Bakery, The Original One

We went to the original Liliha Bakery for breakfast this morning; there are 2 others, we went to the Ala Moana one for breakfast and I've taken others to the Nimitz one for lunch. Curtis had the Country Style Omelet with no tomatoes and double toast; I had the Mahi Mahi & Eggs. I have been directed to tell everyone the coffee cups are about half the size of normal coffee cups, however refills are free. All seating is at the counter; there are no individual tables. And service is really fast!

All seating is at the counter, there are no tables.
Country Style Omelet with a half size coffee cup.
Mahi Mahi & Eggs; I ate 1 slice of the wheat toast.
I took the rest of the carbs home for The Roommates.

When we walked in we both thought the place was being run by nuns; the headgear for the uniforms looked like the wimple for some orders. On the drive home we discussed their uniform. We joked that perhaps it was a retraining program for the nuns from St. Francis School, which closed at the end of the school year in June. It's probably a good thing that neither of us is Christian or another faith that believes in Heaven & Hell because we are certainly not making it any easier for either of us to get in to Heaven!

Nuns running a secular place of business is not unheard of; there was an order of nuns who operated the ferry terminal on Shaw Island for 27 years; nuns also ran the general store on the island. Another order ran a gift shop specializing in beeswax candles and other items made of natural beeswax; they had both a bricks & mortar store as well as an on-line retail presence. So it was not that much of a stretch to think nuns might be running Liliha Bakery.

After breakfast we stopped at a friend's place to pick up his mail while he was away. His building has a lot of electronic security features. I did well with everything. Except locking the door so I could leave; the deadbolt kept unlocking every time I tried to remove the key. Aue! I finally figured it out. If you need to deal with a lock like this after the deadbolt is in the locked position, push the top button labelled "Schlage" & hold it down until it turns green & beeps at you. Then you can turn the key to remove it.

On the drive up for my sunrise walk I saw Loy making his way up Lurline. Just before I turned in to the parking lot I saw Mike & Marley starting their walk down Sierra. During my walk I saw Maisie getting in to her car & driving off. I caught up with Loy at the bus stop at the top of Wilhelmina and saw Lynnette, June, and LaVie as they walked up Sierra; Calvin the Recycler was headed down Wilhelmina. Near the lower entrance to the park I saw Maggie & Bella; I haven't seen them in a while. As I walked up Lurline I passed Lynnette & June again and could see Tina with Massimo, Ink, and Chloe Bacon in the distance; I never caught up with them. I also saw Ken walking by in the distance at the top of Lurline with Toto & Chico. Near the top I met Shannon & Haku; they live in the other part of the house where Tina & her dogs live. I saw Sharon at the bus stop with her new dog Aya; we talked about the upcoming Envision Kaimuki lecture on the ʻAlalā and Manu-o-Kū that she sent me yesterday. Sharon is also active with a group that is cataloging trees around the neighborhood; I will be getting more information from her about both these projects. During my cool down stretches I only saw Laure with Champ & Molly.
Twenty-six minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Fifteen minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
One minute after sunrise on Sierra.

I was able to check out Wilts' project during my sunrise walk. I looked over the edge of the bank; the track hoe was down on the slope behind the house.



We got back from breakfast with enough time for me to do at least one lap around the circle before going in; I really needed to do more to burn off the piece of wheat toast I had with my breakfast but didn't feel like I had enough time to do a whole walk or even another lap. So I added another short jog back up to the parking lot at the end of my walk. Because my walk was so short I didn't see any regulars.


Because of breakfast being so close to lunch, I did not request a guest lunch today; but you've seen other photos of the Korean BBQ chicken tray before. Dad ate all his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and caramel cheesecake. He drank 120 ml cranberry juice but no water.

I skipped the afternoon walk; I did more work on organizing the study and my bedroom in preparation for the window installation next week.

I got an e-mail today confirming the 2nd phase of the solar panel installation will be on Friday after Thanksgiving. It is my understanding that there will be one more part after that which will qualify Dad for the 30% tax credit IF it is completed before the end of the year. I hope that 3rd part happens in the 1 to 2 week time frame they gave me earlier. The 4th and last part is energizing the system; that requires coordination with Hawaiian Electric, which they say sometimes takes a long time. After that we will have the split air conditioning system installed.
 
On Friday RevoluSun will be doing the racking installation. According to the e-mail I received, they will, "...install the racking system and panels on the roof." Yay! I think the next step after that is installing the wiring, battery, and associated components. I finally took a photo of the concrete pad for the Tesla battery.


I tested my ketone levels several times today since I knew I would be eating carbs at breakfast. I don't have a photo of my ketone test upon waking.
7:52 am, after sunrise walk but before breakfast.
9:59 am, half hour after breakfast but before mid-morning walk.
2:35 pm, after mid-morning walk.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Michelle, Gemma, & Mariah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment