Sunday, November 3, 2019

Wireless Whiskers Now Operating

When I got back this afternoon, I checked the Wireless Whiskers to see what it had established as the eating pattern for Luna & S'mores. Luna was set at 11 minutes; S'mores was at 23 minutes. I adjusted S'mores amount to be 1 minute less than Luna's time since she is smaller than Luna.
This is what the AutoDiet Wizard determined for Luna.
This is the average length of time that S'mores ate during the test period.
This is how much she had eaten by 3:30 pm.
I adjusted the amount to one that is healthier for her.
When she got to 10 minutes she got locked out.

Shortly after I took my sunrise reference photo it began to drizzle; I took shelter under an ulu tree until it slowed down. The kupuna who walks with trekking poles kept on walking; he does several laps around the circle. I saw Laure & the Dog Pack as she was just starting her walk. Later I saw Yun & Lucky, she caught up with me & passed me. At Sierra Yun met up with Lorraine and they continued around the circle while I finished my walk; they were the only ones I saw during my cool down stretches. It drizzled on & off both during my walk and during my cool down.
Twenty-four minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Thirteen minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
The intrepid kupuna.
Three minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
The intermittent drizzle.

Dad was eating breakfast in bed this morning. He didn't eat any of his fried egg sandwich but he ate all of his papaya and banana. He drank 120 ml cranberry juice but no water.

Similar to what happened on Halloween, cloud cover made my mid-morning walk a lot cooler. But this time it was due to a fairly good overcast rather than just one cloud in the right place. Because it was cooler I jogged 2 sections and did okay; but I think I will only do it when its cooler for a few more weeks. The only person I saw on my walk was Raymond giving one of the dogs a bath.


They're definitely doing more at the Lanipoko house. Not sure exactly what, but there looks like new footings are being constructed.


During my cool down stretches I saw a Yellow-fronted Canary in the tree below me. and I finally figured out that it is the source of a song that I have been trying to figure out! Yay!


Lunch today was Roast beef, Mashed potatoes, Seasoned green beans, Garden salad, Blonde brownie, and Potato chowder. Dad ate all his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 blonde brownies. He drank 120 ml cranberry juice but no water.


I made the low carb Pizza Topping Casserole. I think I will make this recipe again; it was pretty good!


Marissa, one of the staff that leads activities for the residents, left yesterday for Japan. She is one of the dancers of Hula Halau o Kamuela, winners of this year's Merrie Monarch Festival. Since winning they have been invited to several venues to dance.
Marissa (middle row, far left) & the Hula Halua o Kamuela at the Kansai International Airport. (Screen shot from Instagram)

I checked my ketone levels after my mid-morning walk then after I returned home. The test strip was a little darker later in the day. I think more ketone bodies are produced when my body is doing more work and it becomes concentrated when I drink less water.
11:06 am, around 15 mg/dL; after mid-morning walk.
4:38 pm, between 15 and 40 mg/dL; after returning home.

November will be a busy month. Cousin Tomiko arrived on the Big Island this evening; she'll be there for a few days. While there she will be checking on the fence and pig damage. Hopefully the fence is fully functional and the pigs did not do much damage earlier. I have not been able to get back since Obon. On Thursday Tomiko will be here for a conference; she's staying at a hotel near the venue but the family will be getting together on Saturday. She and Curtis both leave on Sunday; she returns to Wisconsin, Curtis is heading to Las Vegas again. He returns the following Friday, which is also when the solar panel installation is scheduled to start. The next day Alexis arrives to head up the Oahu Seabird Aid program, she's here until December 13th so she'll be spending Thanksgiving with us. On the 19th of November Dad has a dental appointment and the 24th is his 95th birthday! It's a busy month!
This is the calendar in Dad's room.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Adman!

No comments:

Post a Comment