Sunday, November 17, 2019

Oh, Oh

As I was cleaning things out of the cup holders in the RAV4 I found a ticket among some other papers. Apparently Dad got in to an accident in October 2014! Which is 5 years ago, which would mean he was 90 years old when that happened. I can't read what it says about the accident but in the boxes that were checked off there were no injuries so it was not too serious. Since I have not seen any other notices about this accident since I moved back in 2016, and Dad has not been picked up by the police, I am assuming he took care of it.


I didn't see any regulars on my drive up and I saw only a couple during my walk. It started with Wolf doing  his laps around the circle and later Lorraine down by the park. I also saw The Motorcycle Guy's mountain bike at the trail head but did not see him riding down the hill. During my cool down stretches I saw Ken with Toto & Chico and Laure with Champ & Molly. I also saw a Kōlea on top of the roof.
Twenty minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Eight minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Nine minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
Kōlea on the Maunalani roof.

There was more work at the Lanipoko house; more of the concrete block walls have been waterproofed.


Dad was having breakfast in bed when I arrived. He finish 3/4 of his fried egg sandwich and all of his papaya & banana. He drank 120 ml cranberry juice but no water.

Maunalani ran an ad in the local paper, honoring the veterans that are residents. The resident in the photo is Mr. Watanabe at the ceremony where he received an honor from France.


During my mid-morning walk I saw Alex & Satin on the circle. I altered my walking route near the park and went straight down Wilhelmina instead of around the park on Sierra because I heard  a call that sounded like the White Cockatoo. But I didn't see anything.

In this area I usually see the White Cockatoo in this clump of trees.

Lunch today was Pork tofu, Steamed rice, Stir fry vegetable blend, Tossed salad, Caramel cheesecake, and Garden vegetable soup. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 1&1/2 desserts. He drank 120 ml cranberry juice and 60 ml water.


I skipped my afternoon walk, I was still working on yesterday's post. I was delayed because I fell asleep after lunch!

My 1st morning test for ketones came up negative. I did not do any tests throughout the day since previous experience has shown me that the peak is in the afternoon when I get back from Maunalani. When I checked it was showing only trace amounts of ketones. Which I interpret to mean that I ate too much carbs last night and my body is burning those for fuel today rather than using fat as the energy source. Aue! Need to do better!


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Jackie, Karen, Sue, Maru, & Catie!

No comments:

Post a Comment