Sunday, February 23, 2020

Cats!

During my sunrise walk I met Sherry, she feeds the cats on the circle. I learned that 3 of them are hers; then there is a new tuxedo cat that was just recently dumped at the trailhead that she is also feeding. She will try to find a home for it.
Nori, aka Dilute Tortoiseshell, & her ʻEhakō friends eating breakfast.
Jennifer, aka Shy Cat.
Yuki, aka Sleepy Cat.

On my drive up this morning I saw Calvin the Recycler again. On my way up Lurline I saw Suzanne & Joanne with Cody & Rollie. Then I saw Wendy with Mickey & Bella. During my sunrise walk I saw Lorraine as she was on her way up Sierra; later I saw her walking down Sierra with Yan & Lucky. I caught up with Ken, Toto & Chico as they approached the driveway for the parking lot. 
Nineteen minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Five minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Fifteen minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

As I was starting my cool down stretches, I saw RN Lee in the parking lot; she asked how I did in the "marathon". It was the end of her shift and she was on her way home. I told her it wasn't a marathon, just 8 miles, and I finished! The topic wandered into things we do to stay healthy, how Dad was doing, etc. We spent about half an hour talking! It was fun to get to know her a little more after seeing her around for over a year.

I picked up the bathroom key from RN Ryan this morning; Selu said it stays with the Castle Wing nurses' work station during the hours that no one is at the reception desk. It's a little out of the way, but on the plus side I will get to know the RNs & CNAs that usually staff the Castle Wing.

Dad was in bed having breakfast, or rather, sleeping while his breakfast sat on the tray table in front of him. He ate 1/4 of his fried egg sandwich and all his papaya & banana. He drank 240 ml orange juice but no water.

I skipped the mid-morning walk; Dad was a little restless and stayed awake most of the time that I would be walking. We watched the college basketball game on Mr. Tanabe's TV. I had to go out on the lanaʻi to make a few phone calls. While there I checked out the roofers; they weren't working today but their equipment was here.

Lunch today was Baked glazed ham, Baked sweet potato, Steamed corn, Tossed salad, Oatmeal cookie, and Minestrone soup. Dad ate all his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 1 cookie; he saved the other for later. He drank 200 ml cranberry juice but no water.


I slept through my afternoon walk prep time! Aue! I sure hope I reach my ideal weight soon; falling asleep all the time is no fun. Mr. Tanabe's sister-in-law and niece also came to visit so I was talking with them for a bit.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Mickey!

No comments:

Post a Comment