Saturday, February 15, 2020

The Cat Came Back

The cat that was trying to attack Luna through the netting of the cat run wall about 10 days ago was back again this evening. But I was unable to get a good photo of it. It stalked up to the west end of the cat run, growling at Luna. Then it jumped to the top of the fence; I'm glad I completely enclosed the cat run all the way up to the eaves. It stayed at the top of the fence for about 5 seconds then jumped down on the neighbor's side and walked away; Luna watched him leave.
From 02/03/20.

It was trying to drizzle when I started my sunrise walk, it was refreshing! I saw Kathy as she was coming up Sierra; a short while later I saw Cody & Rollie with Roger by the park. As I walked below the park I saw LaVie in the distance with Tazzie & Kila. Later I saw Kathy again as she was going down Lurline. As I was finishing up my walk I saw Mike & Dulci by the parking lot.
Seventeen minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Seven minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Six minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

The hāpuʻu seems to be doing okay so far. The largest frond that got dried out looks like it has gotten about a 1/2 inch taller; it is about the same height as the sprayer head just behind it. I will have to keep watching it to see if it is deformed as it unfurls.
From 02/07/20.
The frond is almost as tall as the stub of stem behind it.

Dad had finished breakfast when I arrived. But he had only eaten half his fried egg sandwich, though he had eaten all of his papaya & banana. He drank 240 ml orange juice but no water.

I skipped the mid-morning & afternoon walks to save my energy for the Great Aloha Run that will be in 2 days. I am only doing the sunrise walk today & tomorrow so I have enough energy to walk the 8.2 miles of the Great Aloha Run.

Lunch today was Chicken Florentine (10 g), Angel hair pasta, Lemon butter broccoli (2g), Tossed salad (3g), Pineapple cheesecake, and Garden vegetable soup.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Frances, Joel, Cindy, & Sandra!

No comments:

Post a Comment