Friday, February 7, 2020

Easy Keto Bread

After I finished my mid-morning walk, I decided to do some baking. I wanted to try another one of the keto breads from The Keto King's cookbook that looked like it might be more successful than the Microwave Mug Bread. While the keto bread was baking I made a batch of Air Fryer Biscuits for The Potential Most Favorite Roommate who was home sick. I had them in the same amount of time as the first batch (7 minutes) but some of them were still a little doughy in the center; I think on the next batch I will try a slightly lower temperature but longer cook time.
I thought the 2 tablespoons baking powder was a typo, I used 2 teaspoons.
The batter before baking.
Bread after baking.
Cooling on the rack it looked like bread.
I guess he really did mean 2 tablespoons!
Portioned out and waiting for the air fryer to preheat.
They look good but some still had doughy centers.
Today's baking projects.

Before I got started on the baking, I got a return call from the US Postal Service; I had called them about an hour earlier because I could not get in to "File a Claim" on their website. Instead of waiting on the phone, I opted to get a call back. I was calling because the Priority Mail package I sent to Simon in Brooklyn, NY, from Everett, WA, got returned to Kai. And the package was empty! But not only that, it got sent to the wrong place in Brooklyn because the post office put the wrong address label on it! The customer service person on the phone kept arguing with me that the USPS would not put a different address on the package. Then I found out in order to file a claim I needed to provide receipts for the items that I had sent. Aue! I bought one item here and the rest in Seattle! Now I have to go look for the receipts!
Really? They don't put the wrong address? It's not even close! (Photo by Kai)

During my sunrise walk I saw Ona & Rio just uphill of the parking lot; I told her about buying the new car so she checked it out as she went by.I also saw Mike & Dulci on the circle. As I was going down Sierra Matthew drove by, he must have taken Bo Derek out for a very early morning walk. I saw Lynnette & June by the park and also told them about the new car; later when I saw them coming down Lurline they said they really liked the color! I also saw Dean on his way down Lurline. Near the entrance to the parking lot I saw Tina with Massimo, Ink, & Chloe Bacon; she was all bundled up because the temperature this morning was "cold", about 70 degrees F.
Twenty-four minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Thirteen minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Thirteen minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

It was very windy this morning with heavier gusts at times. From a distance, I thought the green waste bin had just been blown over by one of the gusts. But as I got closer it became more apparent that it might be vandalism since there was a mailbox next to it. Funny things is I could not find a residence nearby that looked like it was missing a mailbox.


As I passed Wilts' house I saw more building materials. Looks like they are adding a concrete block wall retaining wall also. I could clearly see the rock wall from Sharon's house when I was visiting.


They have started on the walls for the lower part of the Lanipoko house.


After I finished my sunrise walk I went to weed the hāpuʻu and fix the leak in the irrigation line. Weeding was relatively easy since Kelly's yard guy pulled a lot of the grass to make it look cosmetically better; I only had to get whatever runners were still there. It took me a little while to find the leak; I was glad he told me about where it was and patched it with white duct tape. He had to turn the water off and although he watered it by hand during the week it was off, the pulu on the hāpuʻu was dry & hard; I hope it doesn't affect the new fronds too much. I will have to keep an eye on them; I wish I had been able to get it fixed last Friday.
After weeding.
Hopefully, the fronds will make a full recovery.

I started my mid-morning walk from Kelly's house right after I finished the repair of the irrigation line; if I went home I would have had to leave again about half an hour later to come back up and walk. Starting the mid-morning walk at 9 was a lot cooler than doing it at 10! Good thing, too, since I had less water!
The view from the new starting point.

Here are a couple things I have learned about the Crosstrek. When I engage the cruise control EyeSight also becomes fully engaged. As I approach a car that is stopped at a light it begins to slow the car down; it also brings it to a full stop! However, I do have to get the car moving again. On the drive up I noticed that the headlights track the road! Reid had told me about it but I had not been paying much attention when  drove earlier; I did this time. It's really cool how they do that! I think it's something that should be standard on all cars. (Sorry no photos, my hands were busy.)
EyeSight has started to slow the engine down.

EyeSight has stopped the car completely.

At my weigh-in this morning I found I had lost 0.8 pounds over the last week. My body fat is now at 27.8%, while my hydration this morning was at 48.2%.


It was interesting to watch the level of ketones in my urine throughout the day today. I started out just producing a trace of ketones but it slowly increased as I only chose keto-friendly things to eat.
At 6:16 am; upon waking.
9:58 am; after about 3 miles of walking.
11:08 am; before a keto-compliant lunch.
2:35 pm; after a keto-friendly lunch.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Heather & Alison!

No comments:

Post a Comment