Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Post-GAR Recovery

Last night I began to feel a little tight and my back also began to get a little sore. I did my sunrise walk this morning to work the kinks out. As I was completing the lap around the circle Toto & Chico came to the gate and were barking at me. I saw Lynnette & June by the park, then later as they were on their way down Lurline. At the top of Lurline, I saw Ken with Toto & Chico. Today Chico didn't bother barking at me while I walked with them; I think he's getting used to seeing me around.
Eighteen minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Nine minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Fourteen minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

I ended up going home after my walk and taking a hot shower which helped loosen up my muscles. It was raining when I got out of the shower. I ate more protein & fat for breakfast and took a nap. I felt better but I think I really need to find a good massage therapist.

The walk helped get some of the kinks out but I was still feeling it; in fact, my toes began to get a little sore. I did more stretching and felt better but I was also still tired. Iʻm not sure if it's a fibro flare-up or if it is related to the ketogenic diet. With the keto diet you lose a lot of salt; I guess I should have put more salt into the tea I was drinking during the walk. I have been salting my food more today and this evening I am feeling better.

Today I found out the Hawaiʻi Conservation Alliance Foundation is seeking papers to be presented in ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi for their conference from August 31st through September 3rd. I think I will attend and sit in on the ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi sessions to see how much I can understand.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Tami!

No comments:

Post a Comment