Thursday, February 6, 2020

Oh, No! Not Again!

When I turned on the car to leave Maunalani this afternoon the warning lights came on again! All the same lights as yesterday, no new ones. I took it straight down to Servco Subaru and Zach took it right in. It turns out the problem was not really the computer, it was the gas cap. Yes, the gas cap on the electric vehicle was the problem. Actually, this problem is common on all newer cars that have a gas tank; if you don't tighten the gas cap so that it clicks a vapor lock can occur which gives an error code on the computer control panel. In electric vehicles several other warning lights are also triggered. Glad it was nothing worse. Reid was embarrassed since it was their detailer that prepped the car that didn't tighten the cap properly.
At 3:31 pm.
At 3: 55 pm.

I was so tired this morning I slept through one alarm; my time-to-leave-the-house alarm woke me up. But I was still tired and moving slowly. The muscles in my arms and legs were hurting even though I had not used them enough to account for the pain I was feeling; it felt like a low-level fibromyalgia response.

Dad was asleep when I arrived. I waited until closer to 9 to wake him up and give him his breakfast. He ate half of his fried egg sandwich, all of his papaya, and 1 or 2 bites of banana, He drank 240 ml cranberry juice but no water. He kept asking about the activity outside his window; he wanted to know if the roof was leaking. I told him, no, they were changing it because it was old and they didn't want to have any leaks. He was satisfied with that answer.


As I headed out for my mid-morning walk I could feel a very light drizzle; I decided to at least do the circle and see what the weather was like after that. By the time I got to my decision point the light drizzle had stopped, so I continued on the complete route. It never did get wet again but it sure did get windy! I saw Dr. Lothar up on the circle just finishing his walk. The Other Wendy was the only other regular I saw; once going up Sierra, then later on her way back home going down Lurline.


The wind was blowing trash cans over along my route; I gained some karma points moving them out of the travel lanes. This one below wasn't in the road; I didn't take photos of the ones that were. I was focused on getting those trash cans out of the road.


While I was passing The Other Wendy my phone rang; it was Kristen from Maunalani calling. Apparently we had a Care Conference for Dad today but we had not known about it; I'm guessing it came in during the couple of weeks that I was taking the Outback up to Kai. We started the Care Conference as soon as I got back up there; Curtis decided he did not even need to be on a conference call. Not much changed for Dad so most of it was just reiterating what we already knew. One change was the clotrimazole 1% solution being applied to Dad's toenails daily for nail fungus; treatment will end at the end of the month. He is also having triamcinolone acetate ointment applied daily for atopic dermatitis on his arms and legs until next Sunday.

With everything that was going on, I forgot to put in a request for lunch! I stopped by the main dining room and asked if I could get one; the kitchen staff was very nice. Crandall made me a tray while I went to change out of my walking clothes; he usually sees me in the morning as I am stretching and he is using his break to move his car down to the staff parking lot. Lunch today was Beef stew, Steamed rice, Garden salad, Tapioca pudding, and Cream of broccoli cheese soup; Crandall had forgotten the soup and was going to get a cup but I stopped him since I wasn't going to eat it any way. Dad ate half of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and none of the dessert. He drank 120 ml orange juice but no water.


After lunch the roofers were working on Dad's side of the building. He had a front row seat!


I skipped the afternoon walk in order to harvest some jabon; I talked to Abdul at Kokua on Monday and he said he would take more pomelo. I dropped off 10 with him; I also took 4 jabon over to the Loi's. While at Kokua I refilled my peanut butter & almond butter jars; they have become a big part of my ketogenic diet. I also picked up another pound of Brussels sprouts and a head of cauliflower.

Tonight I used the air fryer to fry up some mushrooms. I seasoned them the same as the Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Then cooked them at 400 degrees F for 3 minutes, stirred them, and cooked them for another 3 minutes. They were excellent! I may have to start paying rent to The Roommates for using their air fryer so much!


I was able to get back in to ketogenesis today again. In the morning I was burning carbs that I had eaten with dinner. But by the early afternoon, after I had done one walk in the mid-morning, I was burning fat again. I think the cooler weather also helped since I was needing to burn more calories to keep warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment