Friday, February 28, 2020

Guided Workout

When I joined the YMCA last week, Lennon, the staff member who enrolled me, suggested I do a Guided Workout to get familiar with the machines in the gym. I did that today. I arrived about 10 minutes before my appointment and spent the time looking around the gym; there were about 5 other people there on various machines. Clint arrived about 5 minutes after the hour and asked me if I had any questions; I said I just wanted to know how to use the machines. A couple minutes later I mentioned about the Guided Workout; he thought I was just a member that wandered in to the gym! He had not gotten the message that I was there for a Guided Workout. He showed me how to work all the machines. After Clint was done I took photos of all the machines.












They have several treadmills.



I told Clint I was going to also make an appointment with the personal trainer; he recommended I ask for Nicole. As I was filling out the paperwork for the personal trainer appointment I saw our neighbor Donna! She was here for the tai chi class that I was interested in possibly taking. Donna has been taking tai chi for a while and said the upcoming class was a more advanced class and it was. I will have to find a beginner's class.

On the drive up this morning I saw Paul & Bodhi on their way home. During my sunrise walk I saw Sherry in the distance feeding Nori. Later, as I was walking down to the park, I passed a guy walking a Blue Heeler that looked like Abby, but the dog was acting confused & nervous; although it looked like Abby, it wasn't acting like Abby. There are 2 other Blue Heelers along my route and neither come running up to me to play; one acts nervous and the other is aggressive. 
Twenty-one minutes before sunrise on Wai'alae.
Ten minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Six minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
Looks like there may be a 2nd story coming; there is a metal post visible at the right & metal beams in the back.
Nori.

I also saw Lynette, June, & Noe as they were on Lurline. Later I saw them near the top of Sierra; Lynette was a bit ahead of June & Noe. They stopped to ask if I had stocked up on supplies just in case there was a COVID-19 outbreak; they said there were long lines at Costco. I told them we still had our hurricane preparation supplies.

I went to Kelly's house to plant the replacement palapalai. Lorraine came by as I was getting started. Then the guy I saw earlier came by and it turned out it was Abby! I think what was going on is that the guy, Chris, did not react to me the way Kelly does so it confused Abby. Now that I was in her front yard she was her old self, playing with me. Chris said he and Kelly had been roommates in college and he had known Kelly and his family since they were 18. When he comes to visit he usually walks Abby on the Mauʻumae Trail but he said she seemed to be getting tired more easily, so he took her to the park this morning.
Before.
After.
Frond unfurling; so far, so good.

After I finished planting the palapalai I went home and showered; I had another massage with George in an hour. Today I needed work on my shoulders & neck more than I needed work on my legs; George started on my shoulders and worked his way down. After he worked on my shoulders and neck I could feel the tight muscles in my legs! Aue! Because my massages are not covered by my medical insurance I have to pay full price so I will only be doing one massage a month rather than every other week as I did before. But I will still be paying a lot more per month than I did before. As I left I met George's next client, Linda, who has been seeing him every other week for over 10 years. It turns out Linda's son lives in Gold Bar! Since Linda comes on Friday every other week I will be seeing her in the future if I stick to Fridays.


After lunch I shared a Keto Cup with The Potential Most Favorite Roommate. The Keto Cups are much less sweet than a Reese's Peanutbutter Cup and also uses dark chocolate rather than milk chocolate. But one other ingredient that they contain is coconut oil; since I had the cups at room temperature they were very soft and melted. I am now storing them in the refrigerator. I think I shall buy more when this first bag is gone.

It was kinda mushy looking even before I bit it.

I had Fat Head Pizza and Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts for dinner again. I took a photo after I had eaten about half of it but at least I remembered to take a photo tonight!


I need to be more disciplined in my eating. During my weigh in this morning I gained weight; I am 1.8 pounds heavier than last week with almost 2 percentage points less fat.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Peggy, Roger, Winnie, nephew David, & Shawn!

No comments:

Post a Comment