Thursday, February 13, 2020

Commissioning the PV System

That's what Mari called it when she scheduled the appointment; Tre from RevoluSun came by after lunch. He was here to do the quality control inspection as well as set up the system to send the data remotely back to RevoluSun as well as the Tesla app like the one I have on my phone for the Kohala house. Since Tre was here in the afternoon, I skipped the afternoon walk. By the way, Tre is his nickname. Like DT, he is the third one, so he also has an official nickname.


I was still tired this morning; I think it is the pain in my shoulder that is tiring me out. I wasn't able to sleep well last night so I opted to skip the sunrise walk and get more rest. When I got to Dad's room he was just finishing off his breakfast. He did not eat any of his fried egg sandwich but he did eat all his papaya and banana. He also drank 240 ml cranberry juice and 240 ml water! Then he went to sleep.

I also skipped the mid-morning walk; I wanted to be around for when the x-ray technician came to do Dad's chest x-ray. Even though Dad is now more compliant with the nursing staff sometimes he gets cantankerous; usually when he is not feeling well. This morning he did very well.


Lunch today was Salmon croquette (11g), Steamed rice, Monterey blend veggies (3g), Garden salad (3g), Brownie, and Egg drop soup (1g). I ate the salmon croquette even though it had a higher amount of carbs than I would like; I decided to eat less carbs for the rest of the day. We ate out on the lanaʻi today. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 1 of the brownies before I had to leave. CNA JP was working with Dad today so I felt very comfortable leaving him before he was done; Dad works well with JP.
Checking out the view from the lanaʻi.
Eating lunch on the lanaʻi.


When I got home after lunch The Potential Most Favorite Roommate was surprised that I was home waiting for Tre. He said yesterday he was awakened by someone climbing a ladder to access the roof. I called Mari, the scheduler, to see if I got my days mixed up. I did not, Tre was on his way. Mari sent a message to Ariele who will get back to me to let me know who it was; I am hoping it was the City & County inspector. After the C&C inspection, we then need HECO to sign off before the system can be switched on so we can use the power generated by the PV panels. It has now been 3 weeks since RevoluSun called for the inspection; hopefully that was the C&C inspector.

While waiting for Tre, I checked out the online ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi dictionaries that Kumu Paige mentioned in class. For all 3 of them it is going from Hawaiian to English only. The wehewehe.com site consolidates information from several dictionaries which can be searched individually or collectively. The UH Hilo site is an alternate way to search the wehewehe.com site.
wehewehe.com.
UH Hilo site.

The manomano.io site is my favorite! Not only can you search for the Hawaiian word, they also have a Word of the Day, and you can build your own digital flash card decks! I have already created 4 decks using the words of the day going back to February 4th; it appears you can only go back 9 days. The decks I created are for Nouns, Verbs, Adjectives, and Other. I was not good at English grammar, I don't expect my understanding of the parts of speech will improve in Hawaiian, so everything else gets lumped in to Other because I have trouble figuring them out!


The last orchid Mom got as a gift is blooming again. I have it in the kitchen now because Luna kept knocking it over in the cat run. It was in the cat run since I set up a mister there to keep the pīkake pupupu starts moist. I should probably move all the orchids back to the back yard since they are not doing as well with Luna even with the mister.


I had the left over chicken katsu from Mililani Restaurant for dinner along with the remaining fried zucchini that ʻAnakē Healani gave me for The Roommates.

The battery for the Crosstrek was completely drained when I got back from dropping ʻAnakē Healani off after class last night. On my usual days it is only about half drained when I get back home; it has been taking about 6 hours to get fully charged on those days. For the fully discharged battery it took about 8 hours.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Timna!

No comments:

Post a Comment