Monday, February 3, 2020

Oh, That's Why I'm Sore!

I think ... Last night I started burning fat, big time. I showed a significant level of ketone excretion when I got up this morning. It stayed high all day. And is even high as I write this. That has never happened before. I think this is the keto flu that they talk about. My biggest symptom was muscle stiffness and cramps. A secondary symptom was fatigue. Since I sat in awful chairs on Thursday night I thought the stiffness and pain was just my back reacting to the bad chairs; I also had difficulty sleeping. Then the next day I had a sore throat; I thought maybe I had been exposed to something. Then on Sunday when the muscle aches started I thought for sure I was coming down with the flu; I spent the day sleeping. But today the achiness, fatigue, and lack of sleep are much better. And I am still seeing significant levels of ketones being excreted.
At 7:32 am; upon waking.
At 10:49 am; before eating.
At 1:31 pm; after lunch.
At 6:37 pm; after dinner.
At 9:21 pm.

I think I was able to get to the higher level of ketone excretion in a shorter period once I started eating properly because I have several go-to recipes I have already used and so I had all the ingredients as well as the recipes handy. I did use my time lying in bed to find more recipes; though I would not recommend the one that I tried this morning for breakfast. As a bread. Its called a bread but it is more like egg with coconut flour rather than delicious omelet additions. Come to think of it, I would not recommend it as an omelet either.

Tip? It should be bread-like without toasting.





This looked promising.
Putting it in the toaster would not have helped.
I ended up topping the Microwave Mug Bread with some Almond Kalamata to make it tolerable.

I skipped another day; resting, not exercising (I even skipped the sunrise walk!), and taking in more salt seems to have helped. I'm feeling a lot better now. Here's my view this morning.
Twenty-one minutes after sunrise. Yes, the calendar is still on January; I changed it later today.

I went to Kokua Market to get more supplies to make some of the other "breads" in The Keto Kingʻs cookbook, 7 Incredible Keto & Low Carb Breads. I also wanted to pick up more Brussels sprouts to make the Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts; but there were no Brussels sprouts available. But I did find Brussels sprouts at the deli; I think that's where they all went! So I picked up some Brussels Sprouts Masala and Paprika Garlic Oregano Baked Chicken.
Chicken (L) and Brussels Sprouts Masala.

I also used the time I have been out of commission to make phone calls and get things lined up to pick up the new car on Tuesday. The plan is tomorrow, after breakfast with Curtis, he will drop me off at the Subaru dealer and I will pick up the Crosstrek Hybrid! Yay!

I was sad to let the Outback go with the really cool volcano license plate; when Kai gets the new registration & plates he will save one volcano plate for me, he will keep the other one. I could get another volcano plate for the Crosstrek but then I would not be able to take advantage of the special treatment that electric vehicles get here. Like driving in the carpool lane with only the driver, parking for free at the airport and university, and parking closer to businesses that have charging stations reserved for electric vehicles (they tend to be fairly good spots). But then tonight on the news they said the State is looking at a special license plate for electric vehicles featuring the Hokule'a! Winner!


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to cousin Fran! Hauʻoli lā Hānau also to Susan!

No comments:

Post a Comment