Friday, February 14, 2020

Happy Valentineʻs Day!

The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes ordered a pizza for dinner for Valentine's Day. It's a heart shaped pizza and came with a rose! And also a pizza cutter; they don't cut it so that it looks really nice and heart-like when you open it up.


Today is Friday, which is my day off. I took it easy today, I slept in  and skipped all my walks. I'm saving my energy for Monday which is the Great Aloha Run; which I am going to walk. Because I don't run, too much work!


I did my usual laundry. And also went to the post office, twice. Actually, I went to 2 different post offices. At my neighborhood post office I mailed off a box to Kai and one to my former co-worker Terri with supplies for their March Against Hunger fund raiser. I had to go to another post office to get a mailer for the Marcus Mariota poster that I am sending to Michael the barista we became friends with who is a fan of his.

I also weighed myself this morning per my Friday protocol. Over the last week I lost 0.4 pounds; my percent fat and water are essentially the same.


Last week, when The Potential Most Favorite Roommate was sick, he wanted Green Papaya Soup. I bought all the ingredients for him, which included lemon grass. We had 5 stalks left so I put them in a little bit of water. I checked them today and found tiny roots starting to sprout on 3 of them!


I called Michelle this evening after the evening news because they had started in Maui before we were to meet in Hilo. On the news they reported that a visitor from Japan to Hawai'i had the coronavirus; he had been in Maui from January 28th thru February 3rd; then he came to Honolulu. While here he started to get cold symptoms, returned to Japan on February 7th; on the 8th he had a 102 degree fever. Today he tested positive for the coronavirus; they are not sure where he contracted it, he had not been to China. I was not sure exactly when Michelle & Mark had been in Maui before they went to Hilo. So I called to find out how they were feeling and to let them know about it; it turns out their time on Maui only overlapped one day with the visitor. They both have had no cold symptoms and its been 17 days since they left Maui, so they're in the clear since the incubation period is 14 days. Mark, however, still has minor headaches every so often from his fall; they should subside in a couple of weeks.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Randy, Gus, Julie, Derek, Lorena, Angela, & Robin! Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanaʻo #21 to Roxanne & Curtis!

No comments:

Post a Comment