Monday, February 24, 2020

Running Errands with LaVie

I picked LaVie up after Curtis arrived; I skipped the afternoon walk to give her a ride to minimize the time she was away from home. Her landlords are off on a trip so she is the only one watching Kona, the new puppy, who needs more frequent potty breaks than Tazzie & Kila. We started by going to the post office to pick up her mail; it takes a couple buses for her to get there so she had not checked it since her landlords left about 2 weeks earlier. Then we went to Whole Foods so LaVie could do her grocery shopping; I picked up some things also.


On my drive up this morning I saw The Runner; she is another person I had not seen for a while. I also saw Suzanne & Joanne with Cody & Rollie and Mary. And The Surfer had his board loaded in the back of his truck. During my sunrise walk I saw Mike & Dulci on their way to Laure's house. I saw Kavita walking up Sierra, followed by Lynette; June was working out at the gym. Shortly after that Ron from WheelCare O'ahu drove by. Below the park I saw LaVie with Tazzie & Kila; we made arrangements for me to help her get her grocery shopping done quickly so Kona, the new puppy, would not be alone too long. Near the end of my walk I saw Shannon with Haku. I also saw that The Surfer was gone, off surfing at sunrise! During my cool down stretches I saw Wolf and later LaVie without the dogs.
Nineteen minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Eight minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Fourteen minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

Dad was eating breakfast in bed. He had finished half his fried egg sandwich and all his papaya & banana. He drank 240 ml orange juice but no water.

Once again I fell asleep and missed my mid-morning walk! I've got to stop doing that!

Lunch today was Seafood pasta primavera (8g), Succotash, Garlic bread, Tossed salad (3g), Peach cream cake, and French onion soup (8g 🙁); my tray didn't have any garlic bread. Dad ate all his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich but no dessert; he didn't like the peach cream cake. I gave him a madeleine instead. He drank 240 ml orange juice but no water.


During my morning walk I had a good view of the Maunalani roof; I took a photo to use as a reference photo of the work as it progresses. As I was leaving I saw the crane moving a load of the old roofing material off.
The old roof.
The crane removing old roofing material.

While I was at Whole Foods, LaVie insisted I pick up something for dinner that she would pay for as a thank you for running her around. I got a piece of roast pork, roasted cauliflower, and collard greens. I love collard greens!


This morning I saw Yuki, Nori having breakfast with her ʻEhakō buddies, and a tabby I had not seen before. I did not see Jennifer, the Tuxedo Cat, or Sherry.
Yuki.
Nori & the ʻEhakō.
The Tabby.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Rich!

No comments:

Post a Comment