Wednesday, February 26, 2020

ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi #6

Today we learned about how to order food. Actually, I think it was more about word order; but now I know what the ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi is for coffee, tea, cookie, pizza; and how to ask for small, medium, large, and extra large.
Reviewing what we learned last week.
New words for today.
A reminder about word order.


I like that they translate the ʻOlelo Hawaiʻi phrases into Pidgin!
A new practice phrase for today.



Partner practice for today.





We were in the chemistry lecture hall today.

While waiting for the Handi-Van with ʻAnake Healani, I spotted a mural I had not seen when I was looking for the building last week. It was jars of cracked seed!
I'm not sure it it is a painting or a faded photoprint.

During the drive up this morning I saw Paul & Bodhi on Sierra and Suzanne with Cody & Rollie on Lurline. Later during my sunrise walk, I saw Kavita on the circle and also later as she was headed down Sierra. I saw Lynette at the bottom of Lurline and also later as she was headed up Sierra. I also saw Lena up ahead on Lurline with Poni, Keko, & Kala. I didn't see Sherry or any of her cats today.
Twelve minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Eight minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
Nori was the only cat I saw this morning.

Dad ate half his fried egg sandwich and all of his papaya and banana. He only drank 240 ml orange juice but no water.

I was on the phone with Mike from the Veterans Administration during the time I usually prepare for my mid-norning walk. Dad was sent a letter telling him to call the Tri-West people for a podiatry appointment. When I called they insisted on talking to Dad even though I have durable power of attorney for health decisions. They said they did not have a copy of the POA paperwork; I'm sure they must since I have talked to another Tri-West rep last year! Mike tried to get things moving but was unable to get them to budge from insisting they needed to talk to Dad. I now need to scan the POA and submit it through the Tri-West website. (Mike said he couldn't find one in the VA files; I know I gave them a copy since I hand carried it to an appointment I went to with Dad. But I'll send them another one, too.)

Lunch today was Garlic chicken, Brown rice, Tuscan mix vegetables, Garden salad, Carrot cake, and Tomato florentine soup. Dad ate all his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 1 piece of cake; he spilled his cup of water on the other piece. He drank 48 ml orange juice and 120 ml water.


I forgot my ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi notebook so I had to run home quickly to pick it up before class. I was able to make it back in time. As I was signing out I learned how to say Wednesday! I showed the photo to Kumu Paige; she liked it!


I made another Fathead Pizza for dinner tonight. I think I have found the combination of toppings that works well for me: pepperoni, sun-dried tomatoes, and bacon! But tonight I had too much pepperoni; I put enough slices for 4 servings but that was too much. For the bacon it ends up as 1 slice per serving; for the sun-dried tomatoes it is 1/2 a tomato per serving. I forgot to take a photo. Iʻll try to remember to take one of a slice tomorrow. 

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Glenda & Leah!

No comments:

Post a Comment