Saturday, February 1, 2020

Yesterday, Today, & Tomorrow

I got all the photos for the Yesterday, Today, & Tomorrow plant about a week ago but just compiled them today. I marked a branch with a safety pin so that I would know which flower cluster I was taking photos of.
Thursday, 01/23. Keep an eye on the flower bud at the bottom of the cluster.
Friday, 01/24. The flower is opened and is evenly purple.
Saturday, 01/25. The flower has started to fade to a mottled light purple.
Sunday, 01/26. The flower is now white. It fell off by Monday.

I woke up with a sore throat. Aue! I hope I am not coming down with anything serious. Since I wasn't going up to Maunalani I slept in again. Until my alarm went off. Again. But that was okay; I stayed up and watched the last day of Angela Fehr's Beginner Watercolor Bootcamp.


She described the 4 stages of  painting competency.
Stage 1. Unconscious incompetence.
Stage 2. Conscious incompetence.
Stage 3. Conscious competence.
Stage 4. Unconscious competence.
She also encourages lots of painting.


She also does multiple paintings of the same subject.









Before I crawled back in bed I weighed myself. The usual day for my weigh-in is Friday but my achy back made me forget about that until after I drank some water; so I skipped it yesterday. Today I remembered. I lost just a little weight, 0.2 pounds. My fat increased to 28.7%; I think that is partly affected by my hydration level which was lower than last week at 47.6%.


I found a recipe for keto-friendly biscuits I could make in an air fryer. And I had all the ingredients. Winner! Although the recipe says 9 servings, I only made 6 biscuits.They are very easy & fast to make. And very tasty! Even The Roommates liked them.

The biscuits before frying.
Seven minutes later the biscuits are ready to eat!

Luna and S'mores are both eating well from the Wireless Whiskers! And tonight S'mores even went out the cat door; though I think she did it accidentally. She was chasing Luna around; usually she stops at the door but this time she went after Luna. Then she got stuck out in the cat run because she was afraid of the door and there was nothing outside that was scarier than the door.

I'm still just excreting only traces of ketones.
At 6:41 am, upon waking.
At 12:48 pm; before lunch.
At 4:46 pm, before dinner.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Mr. Ikuma, who is 101 years old today! And also to Allison!

No comments:

Post a Comment