Thursday, February 20, 2020

Playing It Safe Today

I got up and was feeling achy all over but I could tell a bunch of it was phantom pain from the fibromyalgia. And even though I could power through the phantom pain, I decided to listen to the warning my body was giving me to slow down for a bit. So I skipped the sunrise walk and all my normal activities this morning; instead I put on a sweatshirt to warm myself up and went back to sleep.


When I got up I did a bunch of review on DuoLingo; it has become much easier now that I am taking the ʻOlelo Hawaiʻi class! I also decided to go back over each lesson and review what I had learned before. I have reached Level 5 in seven lessons: Introduction, Determiner, Greetings, Polite Expressions, Personal Detail, ʻOhana, and Weather. I am currently on Level 1 of Household. It appears there are 22 more lessons until I reach Checkpoint 1; I am not sure what happens after that. Hopefully, there will be more lessons after that.
The yellow ones are done.
I've got a ways to go to get here.

I didn't realize DuoLingo on-line had more information; it would have helped me remember some things! Here are some of the things I learned this morning.



One of the other things I did was added words from DuoLingo to my digital flashcard deck in Manomano.io. Today I added words from the Intro lesson; I will add words from the next lessons in following days.


Between activities, I slept and stayed warm to recharge. I would have to do this much more when I was living in Washington due to the cooler temperatures and working outdoors; may be every other month or so. Here I have only had to do it a couple of times in nearly 4 years.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Chris, Gus, Jacqueline, & Rebecca!

No comments:

Post a Comment