Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Liliha Drive-In

Curtis was running a little late with getting his father-in-law to the day center. We went to breakfast at Liliha Drive-In this morning since it opens later; it is different than Liliha Bakery. I had the Omelet with ham; but it wasn't real ham. It was sandwich sliced ham cut up in to little squares. Curtis just had black coffee since he is still doing the intermittent fasting. We are contemplating lunch every other week because that will be in his 8-hour window. Although I am also trying to do intermittent fasting, since my primary thing is the ketogenic diet I will still eat breakfast even if it is outside the 8-hour window for my intermittent fasting schedule. I think going off the intermittent fasting schedule for one day a week is not a big deal for me.


Omelet with ham.
But its sandwich sliced ham not chunks of ham.

I drove to breakfast today so Curtis could check out the Crosstrek; I also got to take it on the freeway for the first time. Things I discovered while driving today include that EyeSight needs a Hawaii Mode that allows for zippering when merging on the freeway, as well as an Asshole Detection Signal to let you know when people are suddenly cutting in front of you without signaling! On the serious side, the EyeSight system engages when the cruise control is engaged. After the car slows & stops, when the traffic moves again it starts up again on its own! Cool!

As I drove up to start my sunrise walk it began to drizzle and was still drizzling as I parked. But before I could step out of the car it started to rain so I decided to wait to see if it would stop. While I was waiting LaVie came by and started checking out the car; she did not see that I was still sitting inside. We talked for a short while as it continued to rain; she was wearing a raincoat so she could get her walk done no matter what. I might be giving her a ride some time over the next couple of weeks; her landlords are out of town and she can't be gone more than a couple hours due to the new puppy needing attention more frequently than Tazzie & Kila. The rain slowed down a little but never quite stopped while I waited as long as I could since I was meeting Curtis for breakfast.
The temperature when I left the house.
The weather at 6:53 am.
It was still raining at 7:10.
It was 65 degrees F when I left the parking lot.
It was a couple degrees warmer when I got home.

On my drive up to Maunalani after breakfast, the battery was very low but it never got down to zero. I contemplated looking for an outdoor outlet at Maunalani but decide to just let it discharge totally and switch over to gas since it does need to run the gas out periodically. In fact, if you don't use any gas it automatically starts running the engine to burn up the gas so you don't have old gas sitting in the tank. I think the occasional trips I make to Curtis' house should take care of that.


I got up to Maunalani about 10:30; just as I was leaving the car it began to rain. A couple steps later it became a downpour! I took shelter at the covered viewpoint where I do my cool down stretches; the downpour continued for about 5 more minutes. I headed to the front door when it slowed to a drizzle.

The temperature when I got to Maunalani.

Lunch today was Pork adobo, Steamed rice, Stir fry vegetable blend, Garden salad, Chilled diced pears, and Garden vegetable soup. I asked for a cup of hot tea because I was a little chilled from getting wet on my way in. Dad ate all his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich but no pears. He drank 240 ml cranberry juice but no water.


During my talk with Jerome yesterday he asked if I had seen the diagram about the roofing, I told him I did but it was black & white so it was hard to figure out what was going on. Today there was a color diagram of the roofing project at the front desk today; I think he must have put the new color diagram out there.


On my drive home I reached 100 miles on the Crosstrek! I have driven all except 9 of those miles.
One hundred miles!
It had warmed up by the time I left.
It was a little hotter at home.

I skipped the afternoon walk due to the unpredictable weather as well as wanting to get caught up with my ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi homework. Well, not really, they don't give homework. I wanted to review the video of the 1st class and take notes on it since I missed that one. Then I wanted to review the 2nd & 3rd classes and take hand written notes on them. I took notes on my laptop but I haven't been able to figure out how to turn the diacritical marks on so my notes don't show the kahako or ʻokina.
Here are teachers Ākea and Paige. (From Facebook.com)

Dinner tonight was pretty much the same as last night.


Yesterday The Roommates went grocery shopping at Sam's Club. One of the things they came back with were Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets!
The dino chicken nuggets are bleeding all over the plate! (Photo by The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes)

Kai says he used the weighted blanket last night and it worked well. He said he was, "More rested than I have been in months." I have put a box together for him and his housemates; among other things, its got materials & supplies to make Spam musubi! I also took a photo of what I have put in it and am collecting the receipts for the things I put in it. Just in case.
Kai will still be surprised; he only reads the blog a couple days before he comes for a visit.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Moni & David!

No comments:

Post a Comment