Sunday, February 9, 2020

How Many Carbs Is That?

I skipped my mid-morning walk; I was having trouble getting warm again. So I spent the time researching the amount of carbs in the items for next week's lunches. Since the menus are on a 5 week rotation, I am trying to make notations on one menu for each week and keep the copy so I am not trying to remember what is okay to eat. Some things have surprised me, like the French onion soup with 15 g carbs. I even checked to see if it might be because of the slice of French bread that is frequently served in the bowl with the soup. It's not. 🙁


On my drive up I did not see any walkers. During my sunrise walk the only walker I saw was Lorraine, twice. I think it might have been the temperature that kept people away; the car said it was 67 degrees F when I parked. I did see Matthew drive by on his way to Bo Derek's house; I saw him later as he was leaving her house. I also saw Sharon drive by; it was a lot earlier than I usually see her on the road.
Seventeen minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
The temperature when I got to the parking lot.
Six minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Twenty-four minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

Dad was just finishing off his breakfast when I arrived. He ate 25% of his fried egg sandwich and all of his papaya & banana. He drank 240 ml cranberry juice but no water.

Not sure exactly what I did last night while I was sleeping, but my right shoulder was feeling funny today; I think I strained a muscle which is now hypertonic & putting pressure on a nerve. When I massage my supraspinatus and upper trapezius I get a little relief. I'll have to keep doing the self-massage throughout the day.

While Dad was waiting for lunch to arrive, he was looking at things on the bulletin board on the wall opposite his bed. He asked me what the bright thing on the board was; it was a photo on the fishing calendar of a Flame Wrasse. I told him; he thought I said Flaming Rat!
Male Flame Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus jordani).

Lunch today was Beef stir fry, Brown rice, Tossed salad, Red velvet cake, and Split pea soup. Dad ate all his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and one piece of cake. He drank 240 ml orange juice but no water.


I skipped the afternoon walk; even with the frequent self-massage my shoulder was still bothering me. Even though Curtis texted to let me know he was still sick and not coming in, I left at my normal time. I saw that CNA James would be on duty this afternoon; he has a good relationship with Dad & can usually get him to take his shower.

I air fried the other half of the head of cauliflower I had last night; I just used garlic salt & pepper tonight. I ate it with a piece of lemon chicken (2g) from Kokua Market and an Air Fryer Biscuit (2g). For dessert I had 1/4 of a vegan Ginger Oatcake (2g) from Kokua Market with a teaspoon of almond butter. All total I had 24g of carbs today.
The raw cauliflower; I forgot to take a photo of the final product.

My ketone level this afternoon was the highest I've seen so far. My ketone level stayed elevated even after the 1/4 oatcake.
At 3:22 pm.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Sara & Matheo! And Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanao #7 to Jeff & Janon!

No comments:

Post a Comment