Saturday, February 8, 2020

I Hope It Works!

After lunch I ordered a weighted blanket for Kai; its supposed to help with his insomnia. Apparently the weight of the blanket is supposed to feel like a hug; the weight of the blanket is proportional to the weight of the user. As I processed the order I noticed that the cost changed when I corrected the mailing address from to me, to Kai's address. The date of delivery also changed. It cost less to send to me but would take a day longer to get here, than it would to get to Kai. Makes sense, tax here is about half that of Washington, but anything getting here has to come by plane. Kai should get the blanket some time tomorrow.



On my drive up this morning for my sunrise walk I saw Ona jogging down Lurline on her way back home; she waved! The Crosstrek is much more unique than the Outback or RAV4. The Outback contour is similar to several other brands and the color was the same as several cars in the area. When I got out of the car to start my walk it was rather brisk; tonight on the news they said it got down to 60 degrees F this morning! During my walk I saw Laure with Champ & Molly twice on the circle. I didn't see anyone else until I was coming up Lurline; Lorraine was on her way down. We stopped and talked and I confirmed that she is the person Sharon met at the Pilates class when she was handing out flyers about the storm water utility meeting; Lorraine had a bunch of questions about the proposed utility that I was able to answer. During my cool down stretches the only person I saw was Wolf.
Fourteen minutes to sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Four minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Twelve minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
The interior walls on the Lanipoko house have now been built.

When I got in to change my clothes I discovered that they changed they changed the labels on the restrooms. Number 1 was now Number 2 and vice versa.
The new label on the door key.

Dad was in the middle of breakfast in bed when I arrived. Today he only ate half his fried egg sandwich and all of his papaya & banana. He drank 240 ml orange juice but no water.

After I changed in to my regular clothes and cooled down I was feeling a little chilled; I even put on my flannel shirt but it didn't seem to help. I was also really sleepy, so I skipped the mid-morning walk and took it easy just in case I am coming down with something. (The Potential Most Favorite Roommate was home sick yesterday. For many things you are contagious before you begin to have symptoms.)

Lunch today was Mushroom chicken, Mashed potatoes, Monterey blend veggies, Garden salad, Ambrosia, and Beef & rice soup. Dad ate all his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich but none of the ambrosia; he had a madeleine instead. He drank 240 ml orange juice but no water. He went to sleep immediately after eating.


I skipped the afternoon walk; I was really tired. Because I got home earlier, I was able to try the Microwave English Muffin from The Keto King's booklet. It is another mug bread like The Microwave Mug Bread I originally tried. Why did I decide to take a chance on this recipe and not the Microwave Flax Bread? The flax bread just substituted ground flax seed for coconut flour, whereas the English muffin recipe includes almond butter and almond milk which would make it more muffin-like than the other recipes. Unlike the Microwave Mug Bread it was actually palatable, though I would not say that it is an English muffin.

The batter.
L to R: raw, microwaved.
The bottom of the microwaved muffin.

For dinner I made Curried Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Salad, minus the chickpea salad. I only made the curried cauliflower part since the chickpeas would add carbs to the dish. This is another recipe from the ATK Air Fryer Perfection book. It was really good! I'm not sure why I keep trying recipes from the Keto King booklet, I should just wait for the ATK keto cookbook to arrive in March.

Curried Roasted Cauliflower.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to David & Roxy!

No comments:

Post a Comment