Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Back at Maunalani!

I had no headache or sore throat when I woke up this morning so I headed up to Maunalani; it was lightly drizzling when I left the house. When I arrived at the parking lot the drizzle had gotten heavier; I waited about 10 minutes before it began to slow down. I decided to chance it; I also decided I could just do laps around the circle so I would not be too far away if it decided to pour during my walk. It didn't; it just drizzled lightly for the 2 laps that I did do. Since I started later, I walked less so I could still get in to sit with Dad at about the same time. During my walk I did 1&1/2 laps with LaVie before she decided to head to the bus stop; I saw her later while doing my cool down stretches. I got to meet one of Koa & Kuma's human moms while she was out walking Casey, the smaller tan dog; Raynell is Raymond's sister. I also found out that Friend Cat's real name is Shiro and Twin Cat's real name is Gizmo; they also have a black cat that I have never seen named Midnight. I also saw Kavita twice during my walk.
Drizzling twelve minutes before sunrise in the parking lot.
Five minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
A great demonstration of atmospheric perspective.

It felt really good to be walking again. And also stretching; sleeping so much made me a little stiff. But I think my body needed that break to recharge; I felt much better when I woke up this morning than I did on Sunday morning.

Dad was eating breakfast when I arrived. He ate 1/2 of his fried egg sandwich and all of his papaya and banana. He drank 120 ml of orange juice but no water.

During my mid-morning walk it was overcast but didn't drizzle or rain. It was actually quite pleasant; there was no sun beating down on me and I was able to leave my hat off. I didn't see any regulars during my walk. As I was doing my cool down stretches, some weather was moving in.
Approaching weather, 10:42.
10:48.
10:51.
10:53.
10:56.
11:00.
11:16.
Not much precipitation actually coming down; most of this if from earlier in the morning.

Lunch today was Honey ginger glazed chicken, Steamed rice, Pacific blend vegetables, Tossed salad, Chocolate cake, and French onion soup. Dad ate all his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 pieces of cake. He drank 120 ml orange juice but no water.


During my afternoon walk I ran in to Suzette; she was just getting home from grocery shopping. We did 2 laps around the circle; we went counterclockwise which is her normal path. I usually walk clockwise; my route is less steep. It was good to catch up with what is happening with Suzette. One thing I found out from her is that Dr. Mike's real name is Lothar! She said he is around 95 years old!
I finally remembered to take the correct reference photo!

The Roommates are on Day 6 of their Japan trip. Today they went to the Ghibli Museum, the Kotori Cafe, and also ate more food. The Ghibli Museum showcases the anime works of Studio Ghibli. The Kotori Cafe is like a cat cafe but with birds.
Totoro in the ticket booth. (Screen shot from Instagram)
Spiral staircase up to the roof top garden. (Screen shot from Instagram)
At the Kotori Cafe. (Screen shot from Instagram)
More Kotori Cafe goodies. (Screen shot from Instagram)
And now for some real food. (Screen shot from Instagram)

Luna is spending a lot of time in the cat run. And though S'mores is feeling lonely & sits by the screen door watching Luna & birds flying by, she won't go out the cat door.

Social justice saying for the day:


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Naomi, Lopaka, & Roxanne! And Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanao #15 to Rachel & Terrence!

No comments:

Post a Comment