Friday, September 20, 2019

RevoluSun Design Meeting

Matt arrived right at noon as scheduled! He checked out the current location of the incoming power, the breaker box, the attic access, and the proposed location for the solar panels. He will be designing the system for us; it will take about 3 weeks for him to complete. In the meanwhile, HECo is reviewing the application; that should take a couple months. After we approve the design, RevoluSun will probably send John the roofer to prep the area for the panels. Once HECo approves the application, we get put in the queue for installation and RevoluSun applies for the City building permit which should take just a couple days. Matt says right now, if everything goes as usual, the time line looks like installation will begin in early December for us.


I was really early for my morning walk today; I started about 21 minutes before sunrise! I didn't hear a bird for for about 10 minutes; it was Ken's domestic chickens! The first wild birds started making some noise a few minutes after that. During my walk I saw Calvin the Recycler as he was heading back home. Later during my cool down stretches I saw Ken with Toto & Chico and Ona & Rio walking by.
Twenty-nine minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Nineteen minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Two minutes before sunrise on Sierra.

I figured out that I was so early because I forgot to get my weight this morning. That usually burns up about 5 minutes. I'll have to get my weight tomorrow; I'll also have to remember to get my waist circumference as well.

After I finished my cool down stretches, I went to continue weeding the hāpuʻu. I finished removing the grass roots on the left side of the hāpuʻu but still need to do the right side; that will be next week.
Before I started; the yard guys removed some of the grass.
After, on the left side; still more needed on the right side.

I rushed home to shower and change so I could get back up to Maunalani before the photographer from Honolulu Magazine came to take photos of Dad; I made it! Jayna, who interviewed Dad a couple months ago, came back with photographer Aaron. Katie was also with them; she was taking photos and video of Aaron taking photos for a "making of" video. Jayna said they will have a special section of their website dedicated to this article; she will send me a link when it is ready to go live and I will post it here for you. It took 6 of us to get Dad ready for his photo shoot and get him focused in the right direction and smiling! The article will come out in their December issue.
Katie films Aaron introducing himself to Dad.
CNA Susie preps Dad for his photo shoot.
How many people does it take to photograph a 442 veteran? L to R: Aaron, Czarina, Katie, Susie, Dad, & Jayna.
Susie draws Dad's attention towards Aaron.
Good job, Susie!
Aaron shows Dad some of the photos he took.

There was a lot going on today so I got delayed doing laundry; I finally remembered I had things soaking when I should have been getting ready for my afternoon walk. Since the weather had been kind of on & off drizzle all day I decided to concentrate on picking up some treats from Pipeline to take to Curtis & Lori's for dinner tonight. I think the girl behind the counter was trying to save on the cost of boxes; she put the Haupia Ube Macnut Bars and the Lilikoi Cream Cheese Bars on their edges. When I questioned whether that might affect them I was told it would be okay if I refrigerated them until I was ready to serve them. NOT. Even though I turned the box so that they would essentially be lying flat as soon as I picked them up to leave, the layers had already started to delaminate while I was paying for them and they did not look good 3 hours later when I plated them; but all the pastries tasted great! I will definitely object if anyone stands the bars on the edge again. (In the photo below you can already see the bar in the lower left starting to separate.)
I joined their rewards program; I tried the Lilikoi Iced Tea. I'm glad it was free; there was no flavor.
L to R: Lilikoi Iced Tea, Haupia Ube Macnut Bars, Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, Lilikoi Cream Cheese Bars, & Malasada Bread Pudding.
In the refrigerator on its side.

The Most Excellent Cook made a great dinner that we took to Curtis & Lori's house. But dinner was kinda late and I was so hungry I forgot to take photos! Aue!

During my morning walk I saw Shy Cat and Friend Cat. Later during my cool down stretches Popokilani came sauntering down the hillside, scaring away the birds in the grass. When she saw me she came running up meowing, asking for treats! At home Luna came in from the cat run when I got back for my meeting with Matt; then she followed us around while he was checking things inside the house. It looks like Luna is using the Cat Genie even with the clay litter box in the same room with it.
Friend Cat with one of his friends.
Popokilani comes to check for treats.

Social justice is more than posting a bunch of sayings but for now that is what I am able to do.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Dale & Steve! And Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanao to Rebecca & Bill!

No comments:

Post a Comment