Wednesday, September 11, 2019

DER Application Submitted!

I got an email today from Hawaiian Electric! The application to install the solar photovoltaic system on Dad's house has been submitted. HECO says they, "will review your application within 15 business days from today." That's the bureaucratic way of saying they will start your review in 3 weeks (or about October 2nd). RevoluSun says it usually takes about 2 months from the submittal date before the application is approved and the permit is issued, though I'm not sure if there is a backlog now with everyone trying to get systems installed before the end of the year when the 30% Federal tax credit goes down to 26%. If they are still at the 2 month time frame, our application should be approved around November 6th; which will give us a little less than 8 weeks for the panels to be installed & ready for final approval. I've been told that is the point that the work needs to be at in order to qualify for the tax credit for 2019. We'll just have to wait and see.


While I was on my way up to start my morning walk I saw a bunch of people running along Waiʻalae; I thought it might be a high school track team. But later, as I was walking, I saw bunch of people, who were obviously not high school students, that were running up to the top of Wilhelmina Rise; a few had made it to the top and were waiting for the rest to arrive. One guy was calling out times as people got to the top. It was about 25 minutes after I had seen the group down on Waiʻalae; I think they were the ones I saw earlier.  
Eighteen minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
The runners on Waiʻalae.

On my way up to do my walk this morning I passed Wendy as she was walking Mickey & Bella. Later on my walk I saw Kavita, then I met Paul & Bodhi by the park. I later saw them at the bottom of Lurline. During my cool down stretches I saw Lorraine (even though this is not the weekend), Ken with Toto & Chico, and Mike & Lori with the Dog Pack.
Eight minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Nine minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

Dad was in the Orchid Dining Room sharing a table with Mr. Omiya. Later Mrs. Keliikipi and Mr. Marushige joined him. He ate all of his fried egg sandwich and all of his papaya & banana. He drank 120 ml of juice and 240 ml of coffee.


After breakfast I took Dad up to the Castle Living Room for the exercise session. Later he stayed to watch the Okinawan dance group. I was so busy getting screen shots of the hurricanes and tropical storms in July and August, I forgot about the time! Interestingly, I did not feel at all drowsy like I have been frequently when I am just sitting in Dad's room.

Lunch today was Kalua pork with cabbage, Steamed rice, Tossed salad, Bread pudding, and Chicken gumbo soup. My tray actually came with no soup and only 1 salad; the other salad was with Dad's tray but he doesn't eat salad any more. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 desserts. He drank 120 ml orange juice and 60 ml water.


I skipped the hot afternoon walk. We are still having record breaking temperatures. I used the Omni-Cool shirt once and it did feel a little cooler. The best part, though, is that it was not totally dry when I put it on and that evaporation felt really good. I am contemplating taking it with me for use during my afternoon walk, but wetting it first before I put it on.

I saw Friend Cat again this morning; he was lounging in front of the gate. I tried to approach him but he darted for the gate. I call him "Friend" Cat since he is Koa & Kuma's friend; but apparently not mine!


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Karen & Seth! And Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanao #18 to Dorothy & Ken!

No comments:

Post a Comment