Sunday, September 8, 2019

Slow Day

I woke up about 20 minutes late this morning!  But I still managed to get out of the house in time to start my walk at my usual time. I'm not sure why but my Fitbit alarms for the morning were turned off; one goes off an hour before sunrise, the other 35 minutes later to tell me it's time to leave the house. On my drive up I saw the 3 Fox Terrier Lady, she was just finishing up her walk. During my walk Calvin the Recycler was the only one I saw, but I saw him both by the park and then when he was headed back home and near the intersection of Lurline and Monterrey. During my cool down stretches Lorraine walked by with Ona & Rio. Later Ken went by with Toto & Chico. Still later Ken went by again but with Mele.
Ten minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Sunrise on Maunalani.
Seventeen minutes past sunrise on Sierra.

I also saw Twin Cat this morning. He was lounging by the side of the road and enjoyed having me scratch his ears.
Twin Cat, #11.

Dad was in bed eating breakfast when I arrived. He ate all of his fried egg sandwich and all of his papaya and banana. He drank 120 ml cranberry juice and 120 ml apple juice, but no water. Maybe we need to give him more juice to get more fluids in him.

I skipped the mid-morning walk, it was drizzling when it came time for me to get ready and I was in the middle of searching for photos of Hilo Aunty & Uncle's old  house behind the Kress Store. It drizzled through most of the time that I would have been walking. But perhaps I should have walked, it would have been cooler than it has been due to the cloud cover!


Lunch today was Pork tofu, Steamed rice, Stir fry vegetable blend, Tossed salad, Caramel cheesecake, and Garden vegetable soup. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 cheesecakes. He drank 120 ml of cranberry juice but no water.


When ever I look at Dad's bulletin board, I think about Shirley & Mr. Yamada & the rest of the family. That's because Shirley had brought a bunch of fun push pins in to decorate her father's bulletin board, which became Dad's bulletin board when he moved to the window bed; Shirley left the push pins after her father passed. I texted her to check in with how her mom & the rest of the family were doing. She had been thinking about us also!


Curtis called to say he needed to watch Grandpa & Grandma Maui; not because of Grandpa Maui's seizure yesterday. He had previously committed to watching them since Jenny had an event this afternoon. So I stayed until Dad had his bath; it was pleasantly uneventful.

Hauʻoli lā Ho'omanao #35 to Joan & Gary!

No comments:

Post a Comment