Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Zippy's Kaimuki

Since Curtis needed to pick Lori up this morning at about 10 we opted for someplace close by and fast; we went to the Zippy's closest to Dad's house. Curtis had his usual Chili Moco with 2 eggs over easy and I had the Portuguese Sausage Omelette. This was most likely only a 1-egg omelette, not like the one at Ken's which was a 3-egg omelette; I made a sandwich out of it with the wheat toast.
Chili Moco. (Photo by Curtis)
Portuguese Sausage Omelet.

I'm not sure what's going on with my Fitbit; the alarm was off again and I had not touched it since Sunday when I fixed it, or so I thought. I got up on my own about 15 minutes after the alarm should have gone off. I figured I could make up the time by going straight up Wilhelmina Rise again. Not. There was apparently an emergency repair needed to the power lines on Sierra near the Koko Head intersection; the road was closed! I went on Waiʻalae to Koko Head, then headed up Wilhelmina; I was only a few minutes later than normal.
Sixteen minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Police cruiser at uphill end of work area.
The work area.

The walk itself was fairly normal. During my walk I saw Lori & the Dog Pack twice on the circle, closely followed by Kavita. As I crossed the intersection with Lurline I saw that Mary & Noe were headed back down Lurline. Later I saw Calvin the Recycler as he crested the hill on Sierra. Towards the end of my walk I saw Alex & Satin; I saw them again later as I was doing my cool down stretches. Just before I left I saw Ken with Toto & Chico.
Three minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Eleven minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

Also during my morning walk I noticed that there were new markings on the pavement. When I came up later I saw them restriping the road using the markings I had seen earlier. It appears that the reflective material is tiny beads that are sprinkled on the surface of the paint later.



During my mid-morning walk I didn't see any regulars. But I did notice that the electrical work was completed; I had avoided the area on my way up.

Flattened centipede.
The finished wall.

After my walks I wash my face and change out of my UPF shirt and in to a clean t-shirt. This morning I dropped my keys in the bathroom again; I learned from the last time I dropped my keys not to put them on top of the toilet paper holder.


Lunch today was Fish nitsuke, Brown rice, Stir fry vegetable blend, Garden salad, Pineapple upside-down cake, and Chicken noodle soup. Dad ate all his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 pieces of cake; he drank 120 ml apple juice and 60 ml water.


Once again I skipped the afternoon walk. I have been feeling very tired and falling a sleep a lot. I am hoping this is because I have been following the keto diet more and am just adjusting to the switch from burning sugars to burning fats for energy.

For dinner this evening I added some of the shrimp that Jenny gave us from one of her events to my  broccoli. I had forgotten to defrost some protein to add to my vegetables.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Marcie & cousin Andrew! And Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanao #8 to Vener & Alicia!

No comments:

Post a Comment