Saturday, September 14, 2019

Thrills!

The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes and I had to make an emergency drop off for DT; the band was getting ready to play at a football game. The weather looked like it was getting ready to rain & he forgot his jacket. We went to Thrills to get some soft serve ice cream as a reward for doing our good deed. The Roommate had the Milk Tea ice cream with Fruit Loops topping; I had the Ube ice cream with slice almonds. I like the little sayings they had all around the store.
Milk Tea with Fruit Loops (L) & Ube with sliced almonds.

Here are the flavors.



The mugginess was noticeable as soon as I stepped out of the car this morning. I started sweating almost immediately! During my walk I saw Kavita and Calvin the Recycler much earlier than I usually see them, Kelly drove by, and Lorraine was on her way up Sierra as I was completing the last segment of my walk. I later saw Lorraine go by while I was doing my cool down stretches; Ken also passed by with Toto & Chico.
Seven minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Nine minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

Dad was eating breakfast in bed when I arrived. He finished off all of his fried egg sandwich as well as his papaya; he saved the banana for later. He only drank 60 ml of apple juice this morning and no water.

When I went to get ready for my mid-morning walk, I found all the bathrooms closed for repairs. I'm not sure what's going on,  but I ended up skipping the walk. Being able to wash my face and neck off after I walk had become a very important part of my walk in this hot weather. I skipped the afternoon walk also.

Lunch today was Pork yakisoba, Seasoned broccoli florets, Tossed salad, Fresh pineapple, and Potato Chowder. Since I can't pick out enough protein from the yakisoba, I opted for no lunch and ate an Epic Bar instead. Dad ate all his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich, his breakfast banana, and a madeleine. He drank 120 ml apple juice and 60 ml water.



For dinner it was so hot I didn't feel like cooking; even the little bit of sauteing of the broccoli would have heated the house up too much for me. I opted to eat my avocado instead. It peeled very easily; I sprinkled a little furikake and shoyu on them. I'll have to get a few more of them.


One of the other things that Dr. Pham and I discussed was what type of things I am doing to exercise my brain. She liked that I am birding, doing sudoku, and learning Hawaiian!

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Norm, Maria, and Catherine!

No comments:

Post a Comment