Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Back to Normal?

I saw Kelly & Abby near the end of my morning walk; they were also near the end of their walk. I let him know that I would be by next Friday to weed the ferns since the grass seems to be affecting one of the palapalai. He said the weather remained hot while I was gone. They were the only regulars I saw during my walk and my cool down stretches.
Eighteen minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Eight minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Eight minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
Flattened Spotted Dove.
New stone wall being installed.

Dad was in the Orchid Dining room at a table with Mr. & Mrs. Omiya this morning. He ate half his fried egg sandwich, all of his papaya, and half of his banana this morning. He drank all 120 ml each of his juice and water.

My mid-morning walk started out normally. But when I got down to the park there was a "Road Closed" sign, so I went down the steep part of Wilhelmina Rise to avoid the equipment on Sierra. I got to the bottom of the hill and turned to get back on Sierra and saw that they were also working on the bottom portion of Lurline. I ended up walking back up the steepest part of Wilhelmina Rise and retracing my steps back.

The section of Sierra by the park is being repaved.
But so is the lower portion of Lurline!
That means I have to walk back up the steepest part of Wilhelmina Rise. Aue!

Lunch today was Garlic chicken, Brown rice, Tuscan mix vegetables, Garden salad, Carrot cake, and Thai chicken curry & rice soup. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 pieces of carrot cake.  

I skipped the afternoon walk; I am out of shape from not walking for 2 weeks and they are tearing up the road where I walk. I figure I can just do 2 walks a day for the next week or so and also check to see if I have some good "before" pictures of the tree removal at the top of Maunalani.

I was there for my usual length of time today so I saw Uncle Larry, Mrs. Higa, Mrs. Honjo, Mrs. Iseri, Mr. Kam, Mrs. Keliikipi, Mr. Kajihara, Lori, Mrs. Kim, Mrs. Kusunoki, Mrs. Matsushige, Mr. Miyahira, Mrs. Moody, Mr. Omiya, Mrs. Omiya, Mrs. Onoye, Mrs. Pang, Mrs. Saito, Mr. Shinagawa, Mr. Shiraki, Mrs. Tanji, Mrs. Tohyai, Mr. Yamamoto, & Mrs. Yoshimura. I also met a new resident, Mr. Freitas. I think Mr. Ko has passed; his name is no longer on the door of the room he was in and the bed is empty. I still haven't seen Mr. Asato, Mr. H. Inouye, Mrs. Murphy, Mrs. Shibuya, Mrs. Tanaka, or Uncle Toni; I don't run in to them as easily since they are 3rd floor residents, except for Mr. Asato.

Tropical Depression 12-E formed last night just east of 140 degrees W longitude, then quickly crossed over in to the Central Pacific area. It is just over 1000 miles east southeast of Hilo and moving west southwest at about 7 mph. It currently has sustained winds of 30 mph, but is forecast to slowly strengthen over the next few days to tropical storm strength (39 mph or higher). Once it does that I will begin posting nightly updates for you. In the meanwhile, here's what it looks like this evening.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Michael and Jeremiah! And Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanao #14 to Karin & Thomas!

No comments:

Post a Comment