Sunday, September 15, 2019

Muggy Again

It was muggy again but it seemed like there was a slight bit more of a breeze this morning. On my drive up I saw Wendy walking Mickey & Bella. During my walk I only saw Calvin the Recycler but I saw him twice; once on Sierra, then later on Lurline. During my cool down stretches I saw Mike & Lori & the Dog Pack, as well as Ken with Toto & Chico. But no Lorraine today.
Twenty-two minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Twelve minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Five minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

During my walk I was surprised to find a flattened cane toad. It did not look like it had rained this morning so there was nothing to lure it out. But perhaps it was finally cool enough in the early morning for it to venture out of its hiding place when it got squashed! Not sorry this very invasive species got hit.
Freshly flattened cane toad (Rhinella marina).

Because it is the weekend the administrative offices on the 1st floor are closed, as well as the bathroom; I have to use the bathrooms on the 3rd floor. This I morning I went to use the bathroom that has a really stiff door closing mechanism and almost dented the wall behind the door! The closing mechanism had been removed so when I put my weight into my push to open the door it went flying! Fortunately I reacted quick enough to catch the door before it hit.


Dad was having breakfast in bed again, He ate half of his fried egg sandwich and all of the papaya; apparently there were no bananas today. He drank 120 ml cranberry juice and 60 ml water.

I skipped my mid-morning walk because Dad said he wanted to go to the cooking demonstration. But when the time came to go, he said he wasn't going. So it ended up too late for me to get changed and started on my walk. I worked on other things.

Lunch today was Chicken afritada, Steamed rice, Tossed salad, Assorted pies, and Thai chicken curry & rice soup; my tray came with cherry pie, Dad had apple. Dad ate all his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 pieces of pie; he drank 120 ml cranberry juice but no water.


I skipped the afternoon walk; I had even come prepared with my Omni-Freeze UPF shirt. But I think I am feeling the effects of the 2 vaccinations that I got on Friday; I get them so I am less likely to be a disease vector to the kupuna. I got the 2019/2020 flu shot in my right deltoid and the Pneumovax 23 in my left deltoid. When I got them I hardly felt the pneumonia shot but the flu shot had a slight burn as RN Leo was administering it. Since then the site of the pneumonia shot and the distal areas have felt like I did a whole lot of working out; the flu side just felt normal. Today it felt the most strained. But I also felt more tired than usual.

It was at least as hot this afternoon when I got home as it was yesterday, but I had no avocados so I had to cook the broccoli tonight; I was drenched in sweat by the time I was done. Once again I cut the meat off of the fried chicken pieces from Jenny; but tonight I added some Jesi's Tikka Masala sauce that I found in the freezer. I should have only added the sauce to one serving of broccoli rather than the whole batch that I sauteed tonight; there was too little sauce to handle everything. (I saute enough for 3 or 4 servings so I don't have to cook every evening; it's all for me since my roommates don't eat many green things.)


I saw the Lion Cat during my morning walk; it must be glad it has the lion cut otherwise it would be so hot!

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Anne, Nina, & Simon!

No comments:

Post a Comment