Thursday, September 12, 2019

Late Night Dinner

We had some friends arrive about 9 this evening after a long flight; we took them out for dinner since they were on one of the carriers that does not feed you. We went to Anna Miller's. I had the Chicken Katsu with Cornbread; yes I know its a carb but I love their cornbread!
Cornbread! Yum!
Chicken Katsu.

As soon as I stepped out of the car this morning I could tell the weather was shifting; it was muggier than it had been. There was only a  very light intermittent breeze, not like the past few days when there was a fairly regular light breeze throughout my walk. I didn't see any regulars during my walk but during my cool down stretches I saw LaVie and Ken with all the dogs this morning! LaVie stopped to talk since we had not seen each other for a while; 1st I was out of town then her landlords were out of town so she had to alter her walking schedule to take care of Tazzie & Kila.
Twenty-one minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Eleven minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Seven minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

Dad was eating breakfast in bed when I arrived. He ate half his fried egg sandwich and all of his banana and papaya. He drank 120 ml cranberry juice but no water.

During my mid-morning walk there was high overcast which made my walk a bit cooler than it has been. I saw Abe working on the landscaping in front of his house; he was pulling out weeds in the mondo grass. I also saw Maisie and Daisy. Just above the park, I could hear the metallic pinging sound of the White-rumped Shama alarm call so I looked around for the source; he was at eye level right next to me!

Male White-rumped Shama (Copsychus malabaricus).
Adding the temporary lane markings.

Lunch today was Spaghetti & meat sauce, Italian vegetable blend, Garden salad, Fresh honeydew cubes, and Cream of broccoli soup. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich but no dessert, he doesn't like honeydew; he drank 120 ml cranberry juice and 60 ml water.


The high overcast was still around when I should have been getting ready for my afternoon walk, so I decided to walk since it would be cooler. (According to the news later in the evening, it was; only 90 degrees, the record was 92 for the day.) I only went about 0.2 miles when I ran in to Michael; I hadn't seen him for months. I originally met him when he was walking his friend's dog Henry. His friend moved and so did he, which is why I hadn't seen him. He was impressed that I remembered his name; which has just been the most common name for male babies in English speaking countries for a couple hundred years. He also has an Australian accent so making the connection was not difficult. It always amazes me when people are impressed that I remember their name.


I saw a lot of cats today during my morning walk; 4 to be exact. I saw Shy Cat & Sleepy Cat at Dr. Mike's house. Later I saw a new cat, #15 Tiger Cat who was having a long distance  stare-down with Friend Cat.
L to R: Shy Cat & Sleepy Cat.
#15 Tiger Cat.
Friend Cat.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Kathleen!

No comments:

Post a Comment