Saturday, September 28, 2019

No Sun Tea Today

Last night I set up the square glass water pitcher with Moroccan Mint Green Tea. I set it by the sliding glass door so it could steep in the sun today; I was looking forward to some sun-brewed tea this evening! When I got home I found out one of the cats had knocked it over and broke the pitcher. Aue! On the plus side, whoever knocked it over did it so early in the morning the entire quart of water had evaporated by the time I got home; of course the 90+ degree weather helped. I just needed to pick up the big pieces and vacuum up the small ones.


As I was on my way up I saw a bus backing up on Lurline; it must have been a new driver who took the wrong turn. The route goes up Sierra, then down Lurline; this one was going to go in the opposite direction. The riders probably corrected the driver.
TheBus was backing down Lurline as I approached.
It then started up Sierra like it should have; the 3 Fox Terrier Lady is in the headlights.

My sunrise walk was muggy with a little mist for a couple of minutes. On my drive up I saw Calvin the Recycler just starting his route but I did not see him later; I also saw the 3 Fox Terrier Lady where the bus was backing up. During my walk I saw Melissa with Karpo & Lily, Cody & Rollie & their human, and towards the end I saw Lorraine as she was on her way up Sierra; Kelly also drove by on his way to surf. Similar to a couple days ago, it began to pour shortly after I got to the sheltered viewpoint to do my cool down stretches; once again I was wondering how Lorraine was doing in the downpour; I did not see her on the circle so she might have just headed home between showers instead of doing another half mile around the circle. Since there were several showers while I was cooling down I think the other regulars decided not to walk; I did not see anyone during my cool down.
Eighteen minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Six minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Ten minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
Rainbow on the ocean.
One of the downpours.

Dad was eating breakfast in the Plumeria Dining Room when I arrived; he was sharing a table with Mr. & Mrs. Omiya and Mrs. Saito. CNA Reina was also there assisting Mrs. Saito. Dad ate half his fried egg sandwich and all of his papaya & banana. There was a full bowl of oatmeal in front of him; he didn't touch any of it. He drank 120 ml of orange juice but no water.
Dad snoozing after breakfast.

The rain showers had passed by the time I went for my mid-morning walk; I could see them headed for Waianae. Kelly was back from surfing but today I did not see him leave for work; I did not see any regulars today. As I was nearing the parking lot I found an unfortunate earthworm; it looked like it came out of the ground during the rainstorm but then got stranded on the pavement as things started to heat up.

Unfortunate earthworm.

Today Maunalani held a special event to honor the 200+ volunteers that come to interact with the residents during the year. Czar & Jody were warning regulars that the parking lot would begin filling up about 11 because they were expecting about 150 of them who had responded that they would be here. The parking lot was actually full when I went out for my mid-morning walk. Since I come at 6 in the morning, and Curtis doesn't come on Saturdays, it did not affect us.

Lunch today was Chicken Florentine, Angel hair pasta, Lemon butter broccoli, Tossed salad, Pineapple cheesecake, and Garden vegetable soup. Dad ate all his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich & 2 cheesecakes. He drank 120 ml orange juice and no water.


I skipped my afternoon walk; I fell asleep. When I got up there was a lot of commotion going on just down the hall from Dad; firefighters and EMTs were just leaving. Mr. Miyahira was taken to the hospital.

The Roommates returned from Japan this morning. They brought back some significant omiyage; they brought back some chocolate and copies of wood block prints by Hokusai.
Meiji Black Chocolate.
Royce Ghana Bitter.
Kanagawa oki nami-ura (The Great Wave Off Kanagawa) by Hokusai.
Kōshū Mishima-goe (Mishima Pass in Kai Province) by Hokusai.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Mr. Kalaukoa, Dorothy, Sheryl, & Hannele!

No comments:

Post a Comment