Friday, September 6, 2019

Lots of Errands Today

I had to do laundry today in order to have a clean pair of long pants for tomorrow; though I don't think it will be very formal, I am taking a pair anyway. While out hanging the laundry I checked on the papaya that was topped; it is sending out a lot of new shoots! I will have to choose a couple and start removing the rest.

I did my morning walk about 5 minutes earlier than usual, so about 15 minutes before sunrise rather than 10 minutes before. Since all those trees have been removed it was very quiet when I walked by. In an area where I was usually hearing 20 or 30 birds singing I only heard 5 this morning. But I did see a lot of regulars; I saw Cody & Rollie and their human just beginning their walk and Chris & Bruce were just leaving the park. As I was on Lurline, Wendy drove by. As I got to the top of Lurline, I saw Ken with Toto & Chico just starting their walk; they later passed by as I was doing my cool down stretches. And Ken came by a second time with Mele, his dog that likes to sleep in. I also saw Kavita. As I was leaving I saw Bean & Keira as well as Lynnette walking down Lurline.
Fifteen minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Two minutes past sunrise on Sierra.
Friend Cat, $5.

On the way back up for my mid-morning walk, I stopped to do some banking. During my walk I saw Dr. Mike and Wilts; they were the only regulars I saw during the mid-morning walk.


I got a new set of keys made; one of the keys on Dad's key chain that I thought was for the back door was not. I don't know what door it is for. But I had to have that one redone. The guy doing keys today was very grumpy. And he also did a poor job, none of the keys work and they sort of stick in the lock as I tried to pull them out. I'll have to go back on Sunday to have them redone. Again. Aue!

I also had to get a blood draw for my annual physical next week. It will be interesting to see if the sort of low carb, sort of keto diet has made a difference in my numbers. Last year the additional walking that I was doing made some difference. Though I was pretty normal on everything, I was close to the limit on a couple of things; I am hoping the change in eating habits has improved those.

The last errand was dropping off a copy of the Durable Power of Attorney for Dad's finances at RevoluSun. John needs that for when they submit the permit for the system. RevoluSun is located in SALT at Our Kakaʻako; I couldn't find parking in the street level lot so I had to park in the garage. The numbers for the floors are also spelled out in Hawaiian in large colorful graphics in the stairwell; SALT is a project of the Kamehameha Schools. On the way back to the car, a bunch of people got in the elevator and one of them called me. It was cousin Russell getting some lunch with his co-workers! They work nearby.



I am staying at Curtis' house overnight; we leave first thing in the morning for Hilo to go to cousin Kellie's Celebration of Life.

Tropical Storm Akoni has lost speed and is now a tropical remnant low. It is about 690 miles south southeast of Hilo, moving westerly at about 16 mph. Itʻs maximum sustained winds are around 35 mph. It is expected to continue weakening as it passes about 300 miles south of us and the Central Pacific Hurricane Center will not be issuing more advisories or maps. Unless it becomes a storm again so this is the last I will also post about it.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to cousin Lem and Rosario!

No comments:

Post a Comment