Saturday, September 21, 2019

First Posts from Japan

The Roommates started posting photos to their Instagram account last night. Here are a couple photos for you to enjoy. I will post more in the days to come.
Day 1 - Figuring out the food. (Screen shot from Instagram)
Day 1 - Looks like they didn't choose the fish. (Screen shot from Instagram)
Day 2 - Harajuku. (Screen shot from Instagram)
Day 2 - Tokyo Tower. (Screen shot from Instagram)

When I got in to the car this morning, it was raining. As I drove up it started to slow down, then stopped; but started up again as I pulled in to the parking lot. I sat in the car for about 5 minutes, playing Sudoku to at least exercise my brain! It finally stopped raining so I decided to chance it. The walk turned out great! I saw Koa & Kuma out for a walk with their human mom and Melissa with Karpo & Lily down by the park. Later during my cool down stretches I saw Lorraine walk by; I hope she didn't get too wet in the downpour that started about 5 minutes after she went by.
Twenty-one minutes before sunrise.
Seventeen minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Nine minutes before sunrise in the parking lot.
Sunrise on Maunalani.
Seventeen minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
Showers moving over the water.
The showers have arrived; I hope Lorraine didn't get caught in this.

Dad was eating breakfast in bed when I finally arrived; I had waited for a break in the showers. He ate all of his fried egg sandwich, papaya, and banana. He drank 120 ml cranberry juice and 60 ml water; even without my pushing it.

Dad was having some bathroom difficulties so I stuck around and missed my window of opportunity to start my mid-morning walk. And it was a nice sunny day, too! Oh well, there will be other chances to walk.

Lunch today was Mushroom chicken, Mashed potatoes, Malibu blend veggies, Ambrosia, and Beef & rice soup. Dad ate all his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 1 dessert. He drank 120 ml apple juice but no water.


I skipped the afternoon walk; The Most Excellent Cook and The Bronco Dude were going to come up to visit Dad about that time. Unfortunately, they were delayed and unable to come up in the afternoon. When I left it was nice and sunny but I still found the shady side of the car covered with raindrops!



I met up with The Most Excellent Cook and The Bronco Dude later in the evening; we went to Pipeline Bakeshop & Creamery for ice cream and a Malamode. The Most Excellent Cook says the Malamode is made by wrapping very hard frozen ice cream with malasada dough, then quick frying it; I think she's right. The ice cream was rock hard! Later we went to see Dad since we were close by.
L to R: Coffee ice cream, Chocolate Hazelnut cake bomb.
Haupia Malamode.

On the way to Pipeline we saw a project in progress. Not sure exactly what it is but I'll be keeping an eye on it to find out. Which means I will have to go by Pipeline next week.


By the way, I didn't forget about weighing myself this morning. But when I tried to do it, I found that the batteries in the WiiFit board were so weak they kept shutting down. I'll have to get new batteries, so I'll probably wait until next Friday for my next weigh-in.

I found out Maunalani Nursing & Rehabilitation Center also has a Facebook page; Czar said she would post photos from Dad's photo shoot yesterday to their page. Even though I'm not on Facebook very much I 'liked' their page so that when I am on Facebook I might see some of the things they are posting. Honolulu Magazine also has a Facebook page; I 'liked' it also for the same reason.


Last night after dinner we watched the Punahou vs. St. Louis game live on TV. We were initially watching Hawaii Five-O and Magnum P.I. and heard it raining hard outside and wondered how DT and the band, who were playing at a football game, were doing. Curtis turned on the local sports channel & found out they were broadcasting the high school game live; it was raining there, too. After the Hawaiʻi-based TV shows finished, we switched to watching the last half of the game. When we started watching St. Louis was down 19 to 9; they had been favored to win. We saw DT leading the band for about 5 seconds during a lull in the game. St. Louis was able to rally in the 2nd half and won 25 to 19; we never saw the band again. We were probably the only people watching who were saying, forget the replay on the touchdown or pass or whatever great play; show us more of the band!

Sleepy Cat was hiding in the entry way to Dr. Mike's house; trying to keep out of the weather. I'm not sure where Shy Cat was this morning. Luna came in from the cat run to eat breakfast, but was back out again as soon as she finished. I didn't see S'mores in the morning; I think she was sleeping in DT's room. But later, I fed both Luna & S'mores out in the cat run; I had to block the cat door to keep S'mores out in the cat run.

Social justice saying of the day:


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Joan, Terri, & Pramila!

No comments:

Post a Comment