Thursday, September 19, 2019

Waioli, Hana Hou!

We took our friend The Most Excellent Cook to Waioli Kitchen and Bakeshop for breakfast; we had been there earlier in the year. But we knew she would like it, so we went back again; it's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it! Curtis and I had the Egg Breakfast Plate; The Most Excellent Cook had the Açai Bowl. Once again, it was good! This time, though, there were no exploding mountain apples!
The building that Waioli Kitchen is in is a historic building.

They make their own salt; if there is enough they sell the excess.
They also make their own baked goods.
Egg Breakfast Plate with Ham and Avocado.
Açai Bowl. The honey used is from their own hives.

Today was a one-walk day; the sunrise walk was the only one I was able to fit in to my schedule for today. For some reason, I was able to get ready much faster today; so I started walking about 10 minutes earlier than usual. Before they cut the trees down on the circle it would have been noticeably quieter; but since the trees have been removed it is always quiet so there was really no difference in sound. During my walk I saw Kavita twice but no one else. During my cool down stretches I saw Ken with Toto & Chico. The chair was still at the viewpoint, so I did tricep dips again; whenever it is here I will do the dips!
Nineteen minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
One minute before sunrise on Sierra.
It drizzled during part of my cool down stretches.

After breakfast, I took The Most Excellent Cook to Pipeline Bakery & Creamery; she bought a matcha green tea cake bomb and an Ube Ube ice cream; I got a Chocolate Money ice cream. I  wanted to make sure she had a chance to visit them during this trip so she would know about them for future trips.

The ice cream choices for today.
Some of the baked good choices for today.

Dad was in bed eating lunch when I arrived. He finished all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and vanilla pudding. He drank 120 ml cranberry juice but no water.

During the period that I would normally do my afternoon walk we were meeting with Lisa from Vaughn's office. She is a notary and came to have Dad sign the last piece of paperwork that their parent company on the continent needs in order for me to be able to sign in Dad's place; their main office won't accept the Power of Attorney document drawn up by an attorney and previously signed by Dad. Lisa used to be Vaughn's assistant; Mom would make her appointments with Vaughn just before lunch, then take Lisa out to lunch!

I made the mushroom pizza from California Pizza Kitchen for dinner tonight; it says to bake for 7 to 10 minutes. Our oven must be a little hotter so even at 7 minutes it was a little too dark. DT & I decided to freeze the other pizza since it says to bake by today and we know tomorrow we will be eating dinner at Curtis' house. It will be an experiment to see how well a CPK pizza does in the freezer.


Our oven is running a little hot.

The pakalana is still blooming! I think it is a combination of hot weather and irrigation. I picked a bunch for The Most Excellent Cook.


As we were driving around we saw a University of Hawai'i student showing her school pride!


Luna is happily going in and out the cat door; she likes spending time in the cat run! She struggles a little getting through the cat door because she is somewhat overweight; once The Roommates return they will start training Luna & S'mores on using the Wireless Whiskers feeder so that they can better regulate their eating. Then they can put Luna on a reducing diet and slowly get the excess fat off of her.


During my walk I saw Shy Cat and Friend Cat today.
Shy Cat.
Friend Cat.

Whenever I go to visit Kai and friends in Washington I think about the social justice volunteering I used to do when I was there. Because my focus here is on Dad, I have not gotten involved with anything. I found some sayings in my Facebook feed today that I decided I can share as a way to remain involved, at least marginally. Here is the first one, others will follow on a daily basis.
(Screen shot from Facebook)

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Aaron!

No comments:

Post a Comment