Thursday, September 5, 2019

New Diet Plan

I was pleasantly surprised when I weighed myself yesterday morning. After 2 weeks of eating out more than I usually do AND not walking at all, I had only gained 0.4 pounds. I think it is due to eating more along the lines of Michael's keto diet; the dinner meals I shared with them contained a lot of cooked vegetables and meat. The vegetables were hearty things like broccoli, zucchini, and cauliflower. So last night I bought a bunch of broccoli and already-peeled garlic and made a simple broccoli stir fry (with olive oil) and heated up some left over chicken. I did not feel hungry later in the evening like I did when I was eating salad and meat. I think that may be the key to reducing my snacking later in the evening. Here's what tonight's meal looked like.
Broccoli with sausage, almonds, & cheese.

I saw a lot of people during my first walk today; starting with Mary & Noe on my drive up. I later saw them on Sierra and asked how many laps they did; only one. So I must have seen them near the start of their loop around Lurline, then on Sierra, and later when they finished the loop and headed back down Monterrey; which makes 3 times total! As I was completing the circle I saw Wendy with Bella & Mickey further down Lurline; later as I was walking up Lurline Wendy drove by. A short while later Kelly drove by. I didn't see anyone during my cool down stretches but I did notice that they are now checking the rubbish can every morning!
Twenty minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Eight minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Eight minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
Friend Cat, #5.
I think this is a Jacksonʻs Chameleon.

Dad was in bed eating breakfast when I arrived. He finished half of his fried egg sandwich and all of his papaya and banana. He drank 120 ml of cranberry juice and 60 ml of water.

I missed the window for starting my mid-morning walk; I was so busy on my laptop I forgot about the time! Back in early August eBird did their annual taxonomy update to the checklists; I did not know that they did this. So when the mejiro (Japanese White-eye, Zosterops japonicus) disappeared from my checklist I e-mailed and asked what happened. I was linked to an article about the then in-progress 2019 updates; that article has now been updated with all the changes that occurred. The Japanese White-eye here is now called the Warbling White-eye. So the first thing I was doing was updating the old checklists that showed up on my phone again; there were about 20 of those. When I completed that, I started submitting my checklists that had not been submitted from my recent trip to Washington; there were over 30! Aue!



Lunch today was Meat jun, Steamed rice, Steamed corn, Tossed salad, Brownie, and Chicken jook. Dad ate all his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 brownies; he drank 120 ml cranberry juice and 60 ml water.


It was in the low 90's again this afternoon. And while I am passing up the afternoon walk as I get back in to shape after a 2 week break; I hope it gets cooler next week!

I was wrong about Mr.Ko; he did not pass. He was discharged to a care home where there is a smaller number of residents and they can handle his behaviors more easily with one-on-one care.

Tropical Depression 12-E became Tropical Storm Akoni early this afternoon. It is forecast to pass well south of us and also remain at storm levels while doing so. But we just have to wait and watch to be sure. It is currently about 800 miles southeast of Hilo and moving westerly at about 9 mph. Sustained winds are about 45 mph.


By the way, I've had to resort to taking photos of the screen showing the storm track in order to be assured that it will show up in the blog for that particular time I am talking about. I discovered some of the other ways I thought I was preserving the particular graphic were not; so if you read the blog several days later the graphic would be for the day you read it, not the day I posted it. Aue!

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Tim, Denise, Uncanny Injury Guy, Rikayla, & Kerry!

No comments:

Post a Comment