Thursday, September 26, 2019

Pokémon!

Today is Day 7 of The Roommates' trip to Japan. They went to Akihabara, had hotpot, and got Pokémon face masks.
Akihabara crossing. (Screen shot from Instagram)
Hotpot. (Screen shot from Instagram)
The Potential Most Favorite Roommate. (Screen shot from Instagram)
The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes. (Screen shot from Instagram)

When I stepped out of the car this morning it was muggy; the positive thing is that it was also overcast thus no direct sun during any part of my walk. During my walk I saw Raynell again; she and the dogs had not started their walk yet. I also saw Lynnette as she was starting her walk on Lurline, then again as she was nearing the top of Sierra.
Seven minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Ten minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

During my cool down stretches I saw Ona & Rio, as well as Ken with Toto & Chico. There was also another batch of weather coming in from the ocean.
6:50.
7:04.
7:10.
7:14.
7:20.
7:24.

Dad was eating breakfast in bed when I got in. He ate all of his fried egg sandwich, papaya, and banana. He also drank 120 ml cranberry juice but no water.

On my way out of the parking lot for my mid-morning walk I saw Ken pulling in; I joked with him that it was kind of early for lunch since he comes to help Mrs. Moody with lunch every day. He had some sad news; he said he was there because she had another stroke and was not doing well. I think that must have been the commotion that I heard in the hallway late last week.


After my cool down stretches I went to the reception area to drop off a box of smoked salmon with Jody; she has already picked up the cream cheese to make a spread to share with staff. I had not brought it in when I first returned since Jody was on vacation in Japan. Then I forgot about it the week after she returned. While on the 3rd floor, I also saw Mrs. Tanaka doing her physical therapy; we talked about her son for a short while.

Lunch today was Salmon croquettes, Steamed rice, Malibu blend veggies, Garden salad, Brownie, and Egg drop soup. Dad ate all his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich & 2 brownies. He drank 120 ml apple juice but no water.


For my afternoon walk I wet my Omni-Freeze shirt before I put it on. The last time I wore it was on a sunny day. It worked just as well today when it was overcast. I am considering making it the shirt for my afternoon walk; I will have to watch for future sales on Omni-Freeze shirts.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Mimi, Yvonne, & Bill!

No comments:

Post a Comment