Tuesday, September 17, 2019

California Pizza Kitchen

We went out to dinner at California Pizza Kitchen this evening; The Roommates are trying to increase my knowledge of Popular Culture so they take me out to places I've never been to. They took DT & me out to dinner since we are going to take care of the cats while they are gone; The Roommates leave for their trip to Japan tomorrow. We started with the Avocado Club Egg Roll appetizer; it was excellent! We also had the Shaved Mushroom + Spinach Flatbread, Sonoma Grilled Chicken Flatbread, and Spinach Artichoke Dip. For the main course the Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes & DT had the Spicy Milano Pizza, The Potential Most Favorite Roommate had the Chicken Piccata, and I had the Cedar Plank Salmon. DT also had a Fresh Strawberry Mango Cooler. Everything was good! We also brought home 2 take & bake pizzas; a Wild Mushroom Pizza and a Five Cheese Pizza. All the pizzas were made with a cauliflower crust so I could stick to my low carb diet.
Shaved Mushroom + Spinach Flatbread.
Sonoma Grilled Chicken Flatbread; those are grapes not olives on it.
Spinach Artichoke Dip.
Avocado Club Egg Rolls.
Spicy Milano Pizza.
Chicken Piccata. (Photo by The Potential Most Favorite Roommate)
Cedar Plank Salmon and Fresh Strawberry Mango Cooler.

We went walking through the mall for dessert. The Potential Most Favorite Roommate and I went to Banan and The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes and DT went to Il Gelato.
From Banan.
DT checks out the choices at Il Gelato.
Coffee and Cookies 'n' Cream.
Chocolate.

There was a somewhat intermittent breeze this morning; sometimes it was really nice and brisk, other times nada. But it was still pleasant even though it was already 80 degrees F! I saw Cody & Rollie and their human by the park and Calvin the Recycler near the bottom of the park; I did not see any other regulars.
Twelve minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Four minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
Abe is having his house fumigated.

After my sunrise walk, Curtis & I went to Sweet E's Café for breakfast this morning; Curtis had the Epic Breakfast Burrito and I had the Chicken Pesto Omelet. Both were very good and they allowed a fruit substitution in place of the carbs; they serve breakfast all day. We'll go back to this place! (In fact, both Curtis and I have been here before, just not with each other or for the Tuesday Morning Breakfasts.)

Notice how each category starts with an "E".
They had a bunch of water ready for patrons; they seem to have a good idea of their volume.
Epic Breakfast Burrito. (Photo by Curtis)
Chicken Pesto Omelet with fruit.
The omelet on toast.

I have been trying to have us go to the breakfast places that open later in the morning since Curtis' routine changed when he started taking Grandpa Maui to a different adult day care facility which is in town; I think we've been to all the later ones now. We get a later start if we go after he drops him off; the alternative is I go to his house and we eat before he brings Grandpa Maui in to town. We've done that a couple times. By the way, our list of breakfast places has grown to 128 restaurants; these are just "on the list", not the places that we have actually eaten at together.

I started my mid-morning walk a little earlier than usual because I went up as soon as I returned from breakfast and walked before I went to sit with Dad. One of the things I have started doing during the mid-morning walk is jogging between utility poles on a portion of the circle. I wait until I get to the crest of the hill and start with that utility pole, then I stop jogging at the very next pole; start at the next one, stop at the next, etc. For now I am doing that until I get to the pole at the intersection with Lurline; it gives me 4 short sections of jogging. May be in another week or so I will add another set of poles going down Sierra. In case you're wondering, yes, I am only jogging on the downhill portions; I want to start slowly so that I don't hurt myself (like I did before) and I don't want my fibromyalgia to flare up either.
Three hours & nineteen minutes after sunrise on Waiʻalae; this is what it looks like during the day.


Unfortunately I forgot my water bottle; that made a big difference in how I was feeling after my walk. Since I add ice to my water bottle it is nice and cool when I drink it; which helps cool me down from the inside out. Even with my cool down stretches I was still fairly hot when I went to wash my face & change my clothes; I did not really begin to cool off until I was able to get to the water fountain and drink a bunch of cool water.


When I got there, Dad was up in the Castle Living Room watching the Dancing with Plumeria Girls event. Later he stayed for the exercises and listening to CNA Immanuel read the newspaper.


We ate  out on the lanaʻi today. Lunch today was Korean BBQ chicken, Brown, rice, Sesame broccoli salad, Garden salad, Caramel cheesecake, and New England clam chowder. Dad ate all his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 1&1/2 desserts; he drank 120 ml each of apple juice and water.




I skipped the afternoon walk & I'm glad I did; Chris came by with therapy dog Yuki. Curtis knows Chris through work; they were pleasantly surprised to see each other here. Chris has 2 therapy dogs; his other dog Polly had puppies about 4 months ago and he is hoping to train another therapy dog from that litter. Yuki is 10 years old and has now made 210 therapy visits to facilities; she is an Excellent rated AKC Therapy Dog.



The Roommates finally gave Luna & S'mores their flea treatment today; now they can go out in to the cat run. I will be training them on how to use the cat door; I started today when I got home. Luna seems to understand how it works; she was especially motivated when she heard her food being dished out this evening. S'mores is more spooked by the door.
Luna tries to figure out how to get in.
S'mores watches birds on the neighbor's roof.
Trying to figure out how to work the cat door.



She heard the cat food being dished out!
The right motivation!

Shy Cat & Sleepy Cat were lounging around Dr. Mike's driveway early this morning. And Friend Cat was dozing in front of the gate.
Sleepy Cat (L, behind gate) and Shy Cat.
Friend Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment