Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Liliha Bakery at Ala Moana Center

It's breakfast day! We decided to try the new Liliha Bakery location at the Macy's in Ala Moana Center. It is in the 3rd floor location where Macy's has always had a food outlet of some sort. As you enter it was similar to the other locations where you walk through the baked goods section before you get to the sit down restaurant portion. But the rest of the area was more upscale than the 2 other locations. The food, however, was pretty much the same as the others, good & tasty! The service was also very good. And Curtis said I need to let people know that if you have ordered coffee they give you a carafe so you can pour your own and drink as much as you like. Curtis had the Country Style Omelet; I had the Smoked Pork Belly & Eggs.


Country Style Omelet. (Photo by Curtis)
Smoked Pork Belly & Eggs with the toast & jelly from both our breakfasts.

While waiting for Curtis to pick me up for breakfast I saw a Rose-ringed Parakeet in the pink ʻohai aliʻi. It was eating the seed pods, which I am fine with since that eliminates potential invasive seedlings.


Because sunrise is early enough, I was able to do my morning walk and all my cool down stretches before I needed to be back at the house for Curtis to pick me up to go to breakfast. It kept trying to drizzle, I could feel little sprinkles throughout my walk but it never fully materialized. I didn't see any of the regulars today. The hāpuʻu was nicely moist; later as I was leaving I saw the drip irrigation system was on just a little after the hour.
Ten minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Nine minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
The Plumeria is now in full bloom!

When breakfast was done it was time for my mid-morning walk. On my way up I saw that the drip irrigation system for the hāpuʻu was on a little after the hour again; it seems to be working as it should be right now. I saw Mike cleaning up the parking strip for the neighbor a few doors down from him; he says he needs to keep active! The hāpuʻu was nicely moist when I walked by about 30 minutes after the irrigation shut off.


Lunch today was Cheeseburger on bun, Hawaiian coleslaw, Banana pudding, and Seafood chowder.  Once again I ditched the bun and ate the cheeseburger like a lettuce wrap. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 banana puddings! He drank 120ml apple juice but no water.


I decided I need to keep doing the afternoon walk so that I can keep in shape for walking under sunny conditions. The news said we were one degree shy of a high temperature record for today, and it felt like it! But I persevered and completed the walk. About halfway through my walk I saw a pair of Scaly-breasted Munias.

Scaly-breasted Munia.

I harvested 10 papayas today. One papaya was very ripe, I should have harvested last week. The others were mainly green with a hint of yellow. Jenny wants 4 this time, I dropped 2 off at Marcusʻ house, I left 2 for Lois, and I'm leaving 1 for The Potential Most Favorite Roommate to give to his hanai parents. The very yellow one on top has a couple holes from the birds so I am keeping that one for us.


I tried a new salad dressing tonight; it has 11 g fat, 2 g carbs and 1 g protein. I also ate a piece of salmon for my protein addition to my salad.

Last night I texted Kelly because I forgot to ask him when I saw him on Mother's Day, "... did you take your mom out surfing for Mothers Day? (saw board when I walked by)" He replied this morning,
"Mom surf 😂"
" Yeah no"

I saw the Laidback Cat this morning in front of Mikeʻs house. Later I saw a new cat today, another tortoiseshell like the Laidback Cat, but with slightly longer hair. It was near Koa & Kuma's house.
Cat #4 Laidback Cat.
Cat #11 The Laidback Cat Twin.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Enola, Ron, Doug, Jeremy, & Richele! And Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanao #3 to Tami & Goldry!

No comments:

Post a Comment