Friday, January 31, 2020

Air-Fried Brussels Sprouts

When the ATK Air Fryer Perfection book arrived I looked through it before I gave it to The Roommates for their belated Christmas present. I found a recipe for Air-Fried Brussels Sprouts; I love Brussels sprouts! So I decided to make a batch for dinner tonight. They were even better than stir frying them up with bacon! I almost ate the whole pound of Brussels sprouts, but I had texted a photo to The Roommates and offered to share so I stopped myself and put the other serving in the refrigerator. Even the 2 roommates that don't like Brussels sprouts liked them! I will have to try other recipes from the book.
The sprouts with the Lemon-Chive Dipping Sauce.

Since I did not go to Hilo to visit with Michelle & Mark today, it was going to be normal Friday; plus I was going to weed the hāpuʻu. But sitting in those awful chairs during the Kokua Market meeting last night affected my back; I was still stiff & sore when I tried to get out of bed this morning. I ended up not walking or weeding the hāpuʻu this morning. I stayed in bed and went back to sleep. Until my alarm went off. It was the one to let me know it was time to leave for my sunrise walk.

Since I was awake I watched Angela Fehr's Beginner Watercolor Bootcamp Session #2 instead; it starts at 7am here. I had watched half of Session #1 before I watched this session; I think I will watch all of the videos again completely and in order. And do the exercise she shows in the video. I like her approach to teaching. I will have to check the time of her courses and see if I can find one that is at a more convenient time. Below are some screen shots from today's lesson.

This is the reference photo being used for the bootcamp.





At the end of the painting session she answers questions that people have sent in.
I like her philosophy about painting.


Luna ate her full 100% allowance yesterday. At 9:15 pm tonight she had eaten 71%, S'mores has eaten 74%. They both seem to have figured out how to get the Wireless Whiskers to open up.
Luna sits on the cat food storage bin as she plays with the newspaper.

FYI Mark did not have a concussion but is suspected to have a contusion. He was released and was resting in their hotel today. He & Michelle return home on Sunday.

Hau'oli lā Hānau to Juan!

No comments:

Post a Comment