Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Back on 2nd Floor

Dad is back on the 2nd floor; things are slower paced with seemingly less people than on 3rd floor. A lot of the CNAs as well as nurses have come up to say they are glad to see him back. After witnessing several residents, as well as their families, I think it is safe to say that Dad is a really easy person for them to care for. Dad was in the dining room eating breakfast when I arrived; he was sharing a table with Mr. Watanabe, Mrs. Akiyama, and Mrs. Matsushige. He ate all of his fried egg sandwich and half of the papaya; he hid the apple banana for later. He drank 120 ml apple juice and 60 ml coffee but no water.


The morning walk was dry but during my cool down stretches it drizzled intermittently. During my walk I saw Cody & Rollie & their human and Calvin the Recycler. I saw Mary & Noe both on their way up and down the hill. During my cool down stretches I only saw Ken with the early-rising dogs.
Fourteen minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Three minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Fourteen minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

I ended up skipping the mid-morning walk. There was something else going on with Dad's roommate's infection. I wanted to be around to see what was happening. Apparently some furniture on the other side of the room did not get cleaned properly and was still contaminated. Another cleaning ensued. Plus another check with the ultraviolet light. It finally passed! Yay! In the meanwhile, the weather decided to get wet. Since it was doing that I decided to call & set up my Spectrum Internet account to be paid automatically. Before I was done the rain stopped but now it was too late to start walking. It was not a total loss, I was out on the 3rd floor lanaʻi and saw a pair of Manu-o-Kū fly by closely enough I could see their dark eyes! For the rest of the time I decided to concentrate on looking for housing for Kai.


Lunch today was Sweet & sour pork, Steamed rice, Garden salad, Brown sugar coffeecake, and Egg drop soup. I got some cooked veggies, too. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 desserts; he drank 60 ml orange juice only. But he ate the banana from breakfast also.


I slept through my afternoon walk again today! I don't know why I am so tired in the afternoons these past few days. I wonder if I am coming down with something again?

Hurricane Erick has intensified; it is now a Category 4 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind scale. Hurricane force winds (74 mph & higher) extend up to 30 miles from the center and tropical storm force winds (39 to 73 mph) extend up to 125 miles. Erick is about 750 miles east-southeast of Hilo and moving westerly at about 15 mph. The center is still anticipated to pass to the south of us although tropical storm force winds may still impact us. Three hurricane hunter planes are scheduled to fly into Erick tomorrow to gather more data to provide a more accurate forecast.


Tropical Depression Seven-E has intensified and is now Hurricane Flossie with winds up to 80 mph. Flossie is still in the Eastern North Pacific; I will begin posting nightly updates once it crosses into the Central North Pacific & if it remains at tropical storm level or higher. For now here is what Flossie is expected to do over the next few days; we are at the left edge of the diagram, near the "20N" notation.


No comments:

Post a Comment