Saturday, July 20, 2019

Phuket Thai 3xpress

I went out to dinner tonight with my friends Jackie & Lois; we went to the Phuket Thai 3xpress. We ordered entrees family style; we had Pad Thai, Panang Curry, Shredded Papaya Salad, and Sticky Rice. It was served in styrofoam take out boxes with paper plates. Except for the rice it was good even if the presentation was lacking. We decided that since their primary clientele is university students, they concentrated on take out orders rather than dine in orders.



Clockwise from upper left: Pad Thai, Shredded Papaya Salad, Panang Curry, & Sticky Rice.

After dinner we walked to the other end of the parking lot to get ice cream from Cream n' Roll. It's a show about making your order in front of you. Jackie had ube in the original base with mochi balls adzuki beans, & whipped cream. Lois had the Chocolate Mocha special. And I had the Mango Madness special. There was not much mango in mine and the ice cream itself was not as good as Pipeline or Via Gelato.

The production of my Mango Madness begins.
The original base is added.
As the base freezes it is mixed with the mango.
The mix is spread thinly as it freezes ...
... then it is rolled.
Mango Madness with mochi balls & chocolate chip cookies.
Ube with mochi balls & adzuki beans.
Chocolate Mocha with mochi balls & marshmallow.

Forgot to mention yesterday that as I was on the freeway I got a call from Kai; he was 14 pounds overweight & it was going to cost him $100. He wanted me to come back so he could unload 14 pounds of books. Here's what 14 pounds of books looks like.


I didn't walk this morning; I was too tired. I think I  overdid it yesterday with too much walking followed by too much sugar!

Hau'oli la Hanau to Andy, Lawrence, & Herbert!

No comments:

Post a Comment