Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Code 500

I had just finished changing in to my UPF shirt for my afternoon walk and was at the elevator when there was a Code 500 called over the PA system; someone in the conference room on the 1st floor had a medical emergency. But there is no crash cart on the 1st floor, so one had to come down from the 2nd floor. By the time I started my walk the emergency was over. But as I returned from my walk I heard sirens coming up the hill. It turns out someone in the Castle Wing was having a medical emergency.
Firetruck turns on to Maunalani Circle from Sierra.


My morning walk was pleasantly cool; they are predicting temperatures will get up to 90 degrees F for today as well as the rest of the week! Aue! On my way up I had seen Mary walking by herself, I saw her again during my walk as she headed down Lurline. I saw Calvin the Recycler twice, once going up to the park, then coming back down again. I saw Ona & Rio ahead of me on Lurline but was never able to catch up with them; she's a fast walker and Rio didn't make enough stops to sniff at things & slow them down. During my cool down stretches I waved at Lorraine as she walked by and I saw the Jogger do 1 lap, I'm pretty sure I missed the other laps he did since I was having trouble with my phone.
Eighteen minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Seven minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Eleven minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
Ona & Rio; this is as close as I ever got to them.
Another breeding season victim.

Dad was eating breakfast in bed when I arrived. He ate half of his fried egg sandwich and all of his papaya & banana. He drank 120 ml of apple juice and 60 ml of water.

I started the process to get solar installed for Dad's house; I filled out requests for quotes from 2 solar energy websites plus separate requests that go directly to Haleakala Solar, Malama Solar, and RevoluSun. I immediately got a call from Sunrun Solar (via the general website); Matt said he thought the roof was a Cal-Pac roof which is a "stone" coated metal roof. I think he's wrong about what type of roof it is, I will be checking on that tomorrow. He said they don't work with Cal-Pac roofs.

I started my mid-morning walk about 30 minutes earlier than usual; it felt a little cooler. There was a nice breeze for most of the walk. I did not see any regulars.


Before I left for my walk I had a chance to talk with Mrs. Kunisaki; I had seen her when I returned, she was a little banged up. It turns out she fell at home; she is the 2nd caregiver I know here that fell and now needs some assistive devices. I hope I don't fall, too! But it would be my own fault if I did; I look around for birds when I am walking even when I am not doing the eBird checklist! During my mid-morning walk I tried to pay more attention to the places where I know I have had a little trouble with my footing; I frequently kick things that are avoidable if I am paying attention. Aue!
Because of the impending road resurfacing the manholes have been removed and placed by the side of the road.
Changes between 2 types of surface are a hazard.
This dip is about 3 inches deep.
Storm drains are also a trip hazard.
These small incomplete rolled asphalt curbs are the worst; they hide in the grass!
This dip in the asphalt is what caused me to stop my sprints.

Lunch today was Shepherd's pie, Seasoned broccoli florets, Tossed salad, Ambrosia, and Chicken & wild rice soup. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and one of the ambrosia desserts; he also drank 120 ml orange juice but no water.


I picked up some madelienes for Dad; Curtis & I had been talking about Dad's lack of teeth and realized this type of cookie is soft enough for him to eat easily.  

I found out today that Mr. Pires was not moved because his daughter did not want him to be moved. I am concerned because, although I am now being told what he has is not a big concern, they are still doing the Enhanced Contact Precautions, plus they are now testing all the common surfaces and the things on Mr. Pires' side of the room to see how germ-free they are; then they sent someone in to thoroughly clean everything on his side! I am also concerned since Mr. Pires' daughter did not put on a gown or sanitize her hands before or after entering the room when she was straightening out the things he touches that are on his tray table or on his nightstand on Monday. (I did not see her yesterday since I was at the dentist with Dad during the time she usually comes in.) Weʻll be asking some questions about this at the Care Conference tomorrow.

I saw Mrs. Akiyama today; she was eating breakfast in the Orchid Dining Room. Later I saw Mrs. Higa in the hallway. Sad news, Mr. Crews passed away the day before I left to go to Obon. But I still haven't seen or heard about Mrs. Tanaka. (I don't know her first name so a Google search is not possible. I knew Mr. Crews' 1st name because of the events honoring veterans.)

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Mrs. Solberg! She was Kai's favorite person in middle school; she was the school librarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment