Monday, July 8, 2019

Emergency Dental Work

I broke a tooth last night; I was eating a vegetarian burger so there was nothing hard in it for me to bite down on. I ended up taking 3 pieces of tooth out of my mouth. I called & left a message on my dentist's emergency line; I got a return call this morning. It turns out I have actually broken a crown I had gotten about 10 years ago. In the afternoon I skipped the afternoon walk & had a temporary crown put on; I will have to wait until 2020 to have the permanent crown put on so it is covered by my insurance. I have already made the appointment for that procedure. (Sorry, no photos; my phone was not cooperating.)

My morning walk was warm but breezy. I saw Lori & her Dog Pack twice on the circle as they did their morning walk. Later I saw Calvin the Recycler as he was making his way along the lower side of the park. During my cool down stretches I didn't see any regulars but I did see the White Cockatoo flying around the trees by the part of the park it perches in.
Two minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Fifteen minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

Dad was eating breakfast in bed; he only nibbled on his fried egg sandwich but ate all of his papaya and banana. He drank 120 ml orange juice but no water.

RN Supervisor Remy stopped by to take a look at Dad's leg. It looked really good! There was only a hint of red on the lower part of his lower leg; his thigh was back to its normal color. He did well with his vancomycin treatment; he didn't scratch at it or try to pull the line out. Tomorrow they will do a blood draw to check things. Then Wednesday should be the last treatment.

I skipped lunch today; I didn't want to have food get stuck in my broken tooth. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and about half of the dessert which was chilled diced pears. He drank 120 ml apple juice but no water.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Jessica, Zsofia, Jill, & Molly Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment