Thursday, July 11, 2019

Ohaka & Other Errands

We took the Challenger today to run errands so that Aunty Florence and Tomiko could also enjoy the car. It is not made for more than 2 people; getting in & out of the back seat was a chore and we had to remember the loading sequence to be most efficient about getting in & out of the car.


Our most important task for today was going to the cemetery to put flowers at the gravesites. Aunty Florence & Tomiko had picked up cut flowers in Kona. We cleaned up both the Takatani family plots as well as the Uyama family plot. After we placed the flowers and put senco at each plot, we went in to the church to say hello to the Fujinkai ladies.



We then went to spend some time with Uncle Kazu and let the staff know that we were taking him out for lunch on Friday. I also talked to Sugi to see how Uncle Kazu was doing with the PT for strengthening his leg to make it easier for him to get in and out of the car. Sugi said he would help us load him and he would loan us a belt to help with the transfer.

I continued my sunrise walk, going uphill towards the transfer station as I did before. I didnʻt see any interesting birds today.
Five minutes past sunrise on Kynnersley.


I also walked around the yard after I finished my walk. The dragon fruit had a flower that bloomed last night; it also has 2 young fruit forming and 2 more buds getting ready to bloom. There were only a couple of mountain apples on the tree and none on the ground; the pigs have eaten them all. Aikane has spread wood chips over the weed cloth; I saw signs of the pigs rooting around in it but they have not eating any ore of the vegetation in the anthurium garden area. The Meyer lemon is fruiting and doing well. The coconuts are also doing well.





 

Per Orion, the fencing materials were going to be delivered either today or tomorrow. If that happens Orion said he would come by on the weekend and put up the fence & gate. I am hoping that happens so that I can rest easy when I am not here.

We went to Sunshine True Value to pick up all the red cinders they had (10 bags), 2 surge protectors, and batteries.


We also stopped at the post office. While there we went to the credit union and started a new account that has Tomiko, Kai, & I on the account. This is the account for the house. Before Aunty Judy & I close the other account, I will have to switch all the bills on autopay over to this new account.

We also stopped at Takata Store to pick up a few things to round out tonightʻs dinner of steak tacos and Mexican-inspired cole slaw. Lem joined us for dinner and dessert. We had a great evening with him. We also stopped by the thrift store; usually Tomiko is buying things, today it was Kai.


Mom Cat has been coming by to get cat food. She didnʻt seem quite as flighty this time as she did earlier.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Yupa!

No comments:

Post a Comment