Friday, July 26, 2019

More Wildlife Ubering

Heidi called me yesterday to see if I could transport 2 Manu-o-Kū and a Wedge-tailed Shearwater this morning. Since it's my "day off" I could! I picked them up at Feather & Fur Animal Hospital and dropped them off at Hawaiian Air Cargo. Drop-offs between 9 and 9:30 work perfectly for me!
Manu-o-Kū chick on its way to Hawaiʻi Wildlife Center.
On the windward side heading to the airport.

I slept through my alarm this morning! And when I got up to Maunalani it started to pour! I waited a few minutes and it stopped so I did my walk, but I was much later than usual; there were less birds around. They had already started to disperse, it sounded more like my mid-morning walk than a morning walk. As I started my walk I saw Ona & Rio and LaVie ahead of me; I was able to catch up with LaVie since she was foraging for dropped mangoes. Later I saw Ona & Rio as they were on their way down Lurline; her 2nd cataract surgery also went well! I saw Mary & Noe twice during my walk and Calvin the Recycler as he was on his way back down. During my cool down stretches I saw Lorraine walk by; usually she only walks on the weekend but I have now seen her twice during this week! As I was leaving to go to pick up the birds I passed Lorraine on her way down Lurline and also Lynnette who was walking with Noe.
Four minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Rain on Maunalani six minutes after sunrise.
Twelve minutes after sunrise on Maunalani.
Ona & Rio (L) and LaVie ahead of me on the circle.

On my way back from the airport I contemplated my mid-morning walk since I would be back in time for that. But as I made my way up it started to rain again and I was feeling tired; I opted out of the walk and went home. I lay down for a short nap; it was 4 when I woke up! Aue! I guess I was more tired than I thought!

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Tilman!

No comments:

Post a Comment