Thursday, July 25, 2019

July Care Conference

Every quarter there is a Care Conference for every resident; today was Dad's care conference; I skipped my mid-morning walk to attend it. During the April conference I attended via phone since I was in Kohala for the solar PV installation; today Curtis & I were both physically there, like we were for the previous conferences. It was a very productive conference. Dad's weight is where RD Tyler would like it to be but he needs to drink more fluids, about twice as much as recorded; ice cream counts as a fluid since it is fluid at room temperature. Dad's potassium level is within the normal range so RN Supervisor Remy will talk to Dr. Greis to see whether he will discontinue it.

We asked about Mr. Pires and what normal procedures are since his family did not want him moved; I was concerned that I saw people touching other surfaces with gloves that had already contacted Mr. Pires. Remy said she will include that in in-service training. We asked if Dad could be temporarily moved until Mr. Pires is no longer infectious; they suggested a permanent move to a better bed with a better view and more room for us to sit with him every day. RN Eliana took me to check it out after the conference; it's great! We requested the change; I skipped my afternoon walk while waiting for their answer. Here are a couple of photos from Dad's current room.
Looking straight out the window.
The view from the bed.

For the last few days it has been almost 80 degrees F when I start my morning walk; today was no exception. Previously temperatures have been topping out at around 90 F, so starting around 80 seems cool! I saw Mary & Noe twice during my walk. Calvin the Recycler and Ona & Rio were headed downhill when I saw them. I didn't see any regulars during my cool down stretches.
Sixteen minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Five minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Twelve minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
A new rock wall being built on Lurline.

Dad was eating breakfast in bed when I arrived. He finished only about 1/4 of his fried egg sandwich but ate all his papaya and about half of a large banana. He drank 120 ml of orange juice but no water. He later asked for and ate a vanilla ice cream; yay, more fluids!

Lunch today was Pork long squash, Steamed rice, Tossed salad, Sweet corn haupia, and Beef vegetable soup. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and half of a dessert. He drank 60 ml apple juice but no water.


I checked out the roof today. It is just a metal roof; not a stone-coated metal roof by Cal-Pac Roofing. I will have to call Sunrun tomorrow and request they send someone out to look at the roof instead of telling me they don't work on this type of roof.


I also picked papayas today; there were 16 that were still usable. The birds got 6 of them.


Yesterday one of the cats peed in the hallway outside of the Cat Genie. The Potential Most Favorite Roommate cleaned it up then set up an app on his iPad to record short videos; it has a motion detector so would record when a cat triggers it. We are hoping it will show us who the culprit is and under what circumstances its happening. He also set up a regular litterbox in case its happening because someone can't wait for the Cat Genie to finish its 40-minute cleaning cycle. No one used the Cat Genie today; but no one pooped or peed outside of it either.

When I come home I drop my backpack on to the chair just inside the back door; I unload my water bottles. Then I take the rest to my room. Today I had to adjust my standard procedure because I found this when I got home; that chair gets a nice breeze from the ceiling fan.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Jesus, Margie, & Darin!

No comments:

Post a Comment