Sunday, July 21, 2019

First Day Back at Maunalani

Even though I was still feeling tired, I forced myself to get out of bed so I could get my blood moving. It seems if I can get my walk started, I can keep going. At least for a few hours; today was no exception. I did the entire 1.6 miles, though I did it slower than usual. During my walk I only saw Calvin the Recycler. During my cool down stretches I only saw LaVie.
Eighteen minutes before sunrise on Wai'alae.
At sunrise on Maunalani.
Nineteen minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

Dad was eating breakfast in bed when I arrived. He finished all of his banana, half of his papaya, and about 1/4 of his fried egg sandwich. He drank all 120 ml of his orange juice but none of the water.

I skipped both the mid-morning & afternoon walks today. I decided to get back into things slower. I'll add the mid-morning walk back in tomorrow if I'm feeling okay. And I'm going to try to get more sleep tonight.

During the morning activity the Kaimuki Lions Club came to do some bon odori for the residents. They invited the residents to join them in the "dance"; Uncle Larry and Mrs. Pang were pushed around the circle by CNAs Chin & Susie as they did the hand motions. Mrs. Pang was pretty good at it!

Lunch today was Roast beef with gravy, Mashed potatoes, Seasoned green beans, Tossed salad, Red velvet cake, and Seafood chowder. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 red velvet cakes; he drank 120 ml of apple juice but no water.


Curtis showed up about an hour early because he had to pick up an international student & her mother at the airport & take them to their hotel. They took so long getting through Customs it didn't make sense for him to go home only to turn around and head back to Maunalani. So he just came straight here after dropping them off.

Today I saw Mr. Asato, Uncle Larry, Mr. Ikuma, Mr. H. Inouye, Mrs, Iseri, Mr. Izon, Mr. Kajihara, Mr. Kalaukoa, Mr. Kam, Lori, Mrs. Keliikipi, Mrs. Kim, Mr. Ko, Mr. Kunisaki, Mrs. Kusunoki, Mr. Miyahira, Mrs. Moody, Mrs. Okawa, Mrs. Omiya, Mrs. Onoye, Mrs. Pang, Mr. Pires, Mrs. Saito, Mrs. Shibuya, Mrs. Tanji, Mrs. Tohyai, Uncle Toni, & Mrs.Yoshimura. I still need to see Mrs. Akiyama, Mr. Crews, Mrs. Higa, Mrs. Honjo, Mrs. Matsushige, Mr. Omiya, Mr. Shinagawa, Mr. Shiraki, Mrs. Tanaka, & Mr. Watanabe.

One thing you may have noticed is that I am not using the kahako (which is missing over the "o" here) and the 'okina in these posts that started after I took the MacBook Pro in to get fixed. I have not been able to figure out how to get my old MacBook to give me the option for the kahako or use the proper symbol for the 'okina. Those will return once the MacBook Pro returns.

Hau'oli la Hanau to Steve & Sherri! And Hau'oli la Ho'omana'o #6 to Miriam & Sue!

No comments:

Post a Comment