Monday, July 29, 2019

Makani Air

Calvin flew to Kauaʻi on Makani Air; I didn't know where that terminal was located. It turns out I have driven past their terminal several times when I have been delivering birds to the private pilots that volunteer for Hawaiʻi Wildlife Center. Makani Air appears to try to make it as difficult as possible for someone to find them. The address they gave Calvin in the e-mail confirming his reservation was for their other business, Magnum Helicopters (yes, that Magnum). Fortunately, as we were sitting in the parking lot of the dark building, a guy came up to the car & told us where to find Makani Air; it was another block over and at the very end of the street. Along the main road there were no signs telling us that Makani Air was at the end of the road or signs along the road, there was just their name on the building. Which you couldn't see until you were at the end of the road just about to turn in to their parking lot. Aue! But I got Calvin there in plenty of time for his flight; there are no TSA lines!
Sunrise on Nimitz; after dropping Calvin off at Makani Air.

I got up at my usual time and I left the house at my usual time, but I went to the airport instead of for my usual morning walk. I thought I would be able to squeeze in a complete walk & just do a shorter cool down stretch routine; but I ran in to Lynnette at the top of Sierra & talked with her for a bit since I had not seen her in a while. I ended up only doing the 0.5 mile circle. On my drive up I saw Calvin the Recyler at the lower end of the park, Ona & Rio part way up Lurline, and Mary & Noe just getting to the top of Sierra. During my walk I also saw Ona & Rio as they went around the circle. During my cool down stretches I saw Mike & Lori & the Dog Pack; I also saw Ken with the Early-Rising Dogs.
Eleven minutes after sunrise on Wai'alae at Koko Head.
Twenty-four minutes after sunrise on Maunalani.

Dad was in bed with his breakfast in front of him when I arrived; he was confused as to where his breakfast came from. He thought someone had left it by the door. He ate only 1/4 of his fried egg sandwich but finished all the papaya and 120 ml of orange juice; he left the banana and water.

Just before I was going to get ready to change for my mid-morning walk, LPN Chivas came in and told me that Mr. Pires had been deemed non-infectious! He also said the room was being disinfected but he wasn't sure when it would be done. I decided to skip the walks until Dad got transferred.

Lunch today was Seafood pasta primavera, Succotash, Garlic bread, Tossed salad, Peach cream cake, and French onion soup; my tray was missing the salad dressing. Dad and I traded, I gave him my dessert and took the soup they gave him. I drank both soups; he ate both dessert! He also ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and drank 120 ml of cranberry juice and 60 ml water.
After; I have eaten the sauce but not the pasta, Dad ate the dessert.

CNA Angie and CNA Nane got Dad in to his wheelchair to go see Lynn and Gloria play ukulele; Angie told me that he room was ready for him! She said she would take him back downstairs after the ukulele activity; in the meanwhile, I moved the rest of his things back to his room. Yay! I think that room is better for him because he is closer to the plants so he is more engaged with looking out the window; on the 3rd floor he looks across the valley so things are not as close so he seems to have little interest in them.

Curtis & Lori left today for their National Parks Tour vacation. I think he said they will see 9 different National Parks; the tour starts & ends in Las Vegas. He will be gone for about 2 weeks.

I'm now trying to help Kai find alternate housing. My searches are via the Internet, but he will have to make contact & set up the actual visits.
I take a photo so I remember what the house looks like.

Hurricane Erick has entered the Central North Pacific, it is a Category 1 hurricane. Erick is about 1100 miles east-southeast of Hilo and moving westerly at about 18 mph. The center is predicted to remain south of us, however higher than normal winds are expected at least on Hawai'i Island.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Jim & Jennifer!

No comments:

Post a Comment