Friday, July 5, 2019

Dad Had Visitors Today!

Aunty Florence & Tomiko arrived this morning; I picked them up at the airport & took them to see Dad. We stopped at Zippy's first, they wanted to pick up lunch and also bring something for Dad. We ate lunch with Dad, he tried a mouthful of chili; he had already eaten all of his lunch. I think he enjoyed the visit.

Tomiko tells Dad what sheʻs been up to since he last saw her.
Tomiko, Dad, & Aunty Florence.

After we left Maunalani, we went to Puowaina; we have 8 relatives intered there. We went to visit them all, plus I also left a lei at Mr. Yamada's niche.
Photo of the photographer taking a photo!

While there we saw a chicken crossing the sidewalk! It was a male Red Junglefowl aka chicken.
Why did the chicken cross the sidewalk?
Another photo of the photographer taking a photo.
Male Red Junglefowl.

As we were leaving I noticed a flower on the hillside. It looks like a Stapelia. W also saw a sign about feral cats in the area, but no cats themselves.




Because I start so early, not much gets in the way of my morning walk. Today was a little muggy again.
Thirty-eight minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Sixteen minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
One minute after sunrise on Sierra.

While I was doing my cool down stretches I also saw the White Cockatoo flying in the distance. But I didn't see where it landed; though it looked like it might be on a tree on Matsonia. So as I left, I drove down Matsonia; I found it! I was able to get the best photos so far.
White Cockatoo (Cacatua alba).
Note shorter, broader wings than on Manu-o-Kū or Cattle Egret.

I was able to do my mid-morning walk also. I didn't see the White Cockatoo, but I did see one of the paving machines being moved to somewhere else.
This one strips off the existing pavement that is being replaced.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Margaret, Kathy, Gregg, & Everett!

No comments:

Post a Comment