Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Zippy's McCully

We tried to go to Cooke Street Diner for breakfast this morning, but there was a lot of road construction and parking in front of the diner was closed off. So next we tried BAbab's (apparently it used to be  the King 7 Market). They didn't really have breakfast food except for bagels. So we ended up at Zippy's McCully. Curtis had his usual Chili Moco, Kai had the Belgian Waffle with Strawberries, and I had the Pure n' Simple Omelette with wheat toast.

Chili Moco. (Photo by Curtis)
Belgian Waffle with strawberries.
Pure 'n' Simple Omelette.
I made it in to a sandwich.

As we were leaving we saw a Cattle Egret that was breaking the law! It was loitering and also trespassing!
Badass Cattle Egret doesn't care about any stinkin' signs!

After Curtis dropped us off we decided to go to Verizon; Kai wanted to check out the new phones since his was starting to have problems. I also needed to check on phones. Before we went to Verizon, we stopped at the Apple store to get my laptop checked out; it is not charging through one of the USB ports. We were given an approximate appointment time of 3 hours! So we went to check out Verizon.

Sean at Verizon was very helpful; we looked at the Galaxy S10 models and talked about pricing. I will most likely get the S10e, Kai will most likely get the Galaxy S10+.


As we wandered around the mall killing time we checked out a couple of businesses. One of the coolest was Minamoto Kichoan; they sell Japanese confections. We bought a bunch of things for Kai to take back to his household.



We checked in later and found that there was still a 2 hour wait, so we went to lunch at The Counter Custom Burgers. Kai had the Beef  & Bleu Burger with a Mint Chocolate Shake and I had the Bison & Goat On Fresh Greens. They apparently have their own ketchup made and also use paper straws rather than plastic.
Beef & Bleu Burger.
Mint Chocolate Shake.
Bison & Goat On Fresh Greens.


After lunch we still were not at the top of the list, so we wandered around the mall a bit more. A couple of the shops have unusual names, like Fighting Eel and 33 Butterflies. And then there was The Refinery. Which has a shirt we are trying to get in his size; 2 T. rexs are talking and one says to the other, "dude did you eat the last unicorn?"

We finally got into see the Apple tech; Dennis ran a bunch of diagnostics on my laptop. It turns out there is a problem with the front USB port; something I already knew. Tonight Kai will have to download everything I have not been able to back up in the last 45 days; tomorrow I drop it off for them to fix. It's still under warranty so unless there is water damage (unlikely) there should be no charge. Only down side is it will be back around July 29th! Posts will take me longer to produce so either they will be shorter or later. Or perhaps both.


We picked up our purchases from Minamoto Kichoan and headed home after spending about 4 hours at the mall. I learned a lot about Kahala Mall; we went to the 2nd floor up the the escalator. We wandered around and came down at a different location. I now know how to escape if zombies come in one door!
Kai keeps our Minamoto Kichoan purchases cool on the ride home.

I moved Mom's orchids from the back yard to the side yard so they could be misted along with the hapuʻu. I also put the Tillandsia in a pot at the edge of the mist.


Later in the evening we split & ate the Pineapple Whip Tart from Hawaiian Pie Co. I liked it. When I am no longer restricting my carbs I would buy this again.



I walked this morning. Just barely. I did one lap around Maunalani Circle, I was winded with only the one lap. I could tell I am still recovering from the coughing and sore throat that I've had for the last few days. Because it was so short I didn't see any of the regulars either during my walk or my cool down stretches.
Twenty-four minutes before sunrise on Wai'alae.
Fourteen minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.

Hau'oli la Hanau to Pam & Ella!

No comments:

Post a Comment