Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Mr. Pires Is Back!

When I got in this morning, Mr. Pires' curtain was closed & I could hear him talking with CNA Jessa. He returned some time late yesterday. He is sounding like his usual self.

Dad was eating breakfast in bed. He ate all of his fried egg sandwich and all of his papaya and banana. He drank 120 ml orange juice but no water.

My morning walk was not quite as muggy as yesterday; there seemed to be more of a breeze today. I saw Caroline & Olive as I was just starting the circle, Calvin the Recycler was at the top by the park, and Romeo & Karpo were quite a ways down by the park; I only started a few minutes later than normal. I saw Mary down by the park then again on Lurline; I also saw Calvin the Recycler twice as he was coming down Wilhelmina. During my cool down stretches I saw Ona & Rio walk by, as well as Lorraine, and Ken with the early-rising dogs.
Thirteen minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Three minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Thirteen minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

I skipped the mid-morning walk again. It seems that Dad's vancomycin is now administered at 9:45 instead of 8:30; probably because the delay during the second day pushed every subsequent dose later. They have put an elastic sleeve over the IV port when it is not in use; I guess the gauze wrap was not doing a good enough job to keep him from picking at it. And his leg is looking much better! There is less redness and the parts that are red are not as vivid as during the 1st couple of days. Yay for properly used antibiotics!

Lunch today was Kalua pork with cabbage, Steamed rice, Tossed salad, Bread pudding, and Chicken gumbo soup; there was no salad dressing on my tray. And I think the chicken just swam through the soup pot, I couldn't taste it and I didn't see any chunks of chicken in my bowl. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich but only 1 bread pudding, he was too tired to eat more. He didn't drink any liquids either.


Dad likes being next to the window.  He looks out at the plants outside the window a lot. He likes seeing the pretty pink flowers of the Crepe Myrtle and tells me which branches I need cut off of the Tahitian Ti. He also wonders whether the Crepe Myrtle flowers are edible.
Dad's view from bed. Crepe Myrtle (L) and Tahitian Ti (R).

Because Dad was sleeping soundly I did my afternoon wall; because I needed to be back by shift change I went about an hour earlier. It was hot! And there was hardly any breeze so I tried to walk in all the shadows in the right-of-way. Along the way I saw Caroline & Olive, they were joined by her daughter's dogs Louie & Chewie.


Yesterday I misplaced my water bottle; I discovered that when I walked in the house & started to unpack my backpack to get ready for tomorrow. I couldn't find it in my backpack and it wasn't in the car. I called Maunalani thinking I had left it at the reception desk when I signed out; it wasn't there. Then I thought it might be on the bench where I stopped to talk to Marcus; but no luck. I found it this morning. It was sitting where it had been sitting all yesterday when I wasn't drinking water; it was next to the chair I sit in! Aue! On the bright side, this is just normal forgetfulness not dementia; I still know what a water bottle is used for.


After dinner I took The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes to meet his friend Marissa & her sister Jessica; they will be staying with us for a few days. Marissa had gone to school here but this was Jessica's first trip to the state. On the way home the talk turned to malasadas; we took them to Pipeline Bakeshop & Creamery since it was nearby. 
Marissa (L) and Jessica (R).

So we're supposed to get a paper on Wednesday, but I didn't see one. As I was loading my things in to the car though, I noticed something sticking out from under the car. Aue!
Hmmm, no paper.
Oh, wait, there it is under the car!

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Marvetta & Michael!

No comments:

Post a Comment